How to test content experimental with Google Analytics

Hi everyone,

I would like to use Content Experimental in Google Analytics but I don't know how to create another page with some changes than the live page.

Anybody know how to use this tool with our pages?

Regards.

Manel.

• 2 years later...

Hello presta guys :)

I am also interested in this topic and will be happy to see some info about it. How can I easily create another url that leads to the same page as the original one but with some differences?

The goal is to have urls like:

host/en/

host/en/variation-1

I think that having a GET parameter that my template watches for to apply the differences would work but I am not really sure that this will be the right way to go... Any SEO implications?

Example:

host/en/

host/en?variation=1

Any ideas / experience will be appreciated.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

2 steps forward, 1 step back. I solved the "experiment" page(s)  by making the necessary changes in PS (altering css and/or adding/removing modules). After obtaining the desired test page I choose web view html code in the webbrowser. Copied and pasted the code into an empty html document that I uploaded to the root of the domain.

This seem to work.

However, now I need to add the experiment tracking code to the original page and that seems harder than I orignially thought.

I have tried to add it to the in the <header> tag in header.tpl but it always give me a blank page................ <_<

Any help and idees greatly appreciated.