New .php pages

Noyes

Hi,

I wanna create some new .php pages as I can't find a possibility to remove /content/ from the url. My first thought was to just get the header.php and footer.php and put it together to one file called test.php. I did the same thing with header.tpl and footer.tpl and called the tpl file same as the php file, but with different url extension: test.tpl. Well, the outcome was it didn't work. Does anyone know how to get this working?

If you didn't really get what I mean I wanna create a page such as these which already exists:

/best-sales, /stores, /new-products

I would really appreicate some help, thanks!

Edited by Noyes (see edit history)

I have looked in the .htaccess file but I don't understand much. All I know is that it puts /content/ there to determine whether it's a CMS-page or not. I believe it would be possible for me to edit the .htaccess file to make it show something other than /content/ by putting an other word there but the problem would still remain for us.

If there must be a way for PrestaShop to determine whether it's a cms page or not I think it could be done in a nicer way, but I wouldn't really know how to execute this to .htaccess code. Say you'd put specific ids as there's on product pages urls.

Example:

A cms page called "About Us" would look like this: http://www.domain.com/about-us-p4 instead of looking like it would look like now: http://www.domain.com/content/about-us

If there's an easier solution to this I would be happy to hear or if you know how to make this happen.

Thanks.

Yeah. That would probably be the best step for me to go. I appreciate the help and all!

That addon seems to be able to remove /content/ and a lot of other stuff. Perfect.

Wonder if it's all in French.. gotta ask the developer.