"4 core files have been modified" message after upgrading to 1.4.8.2

Hi!,

I'm newbie at Prestashop. I have made a manual upgrade from PS 1.4.7 to 1.4.8.2. Everything was apparently fine, but in the Upgrade tab from the backoffice, there was a message "[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check md5 files". I found a solution in this forum: uninstall upgrade module and install it again. I did it. Now I can see this message:

" 4 core files have been modified (19 total) "

Core files are:

admin/ajaxfilemanager/jscripts/jquery.js

config/config.inc.php

config/defines.inc.php

js/jquery/jquery.dimensions.js

12 files are mails and 3 are translations.

I did not change any core files, no mails neither. I changed some translations (exported translations before upgrading and imported them after).

What does this mean? Errors in upgrading process? Corruption in files? I have read that this could be caused transfering files between different operating systems. Could this be the reason? How can I solve this? Could I restore just the problematic files from a clean prestashop upgrading zip? Do you advice me restoring files and DB from my old version and upgrade again? If so, do you advice me using autoupgrade better than manual upgrade? Autoupgrade is experimental...

Thanks in advance,

ardv

Hello!

I have download a Prestashop 1.4.8.2 zip from http://www.prestasho...a-programadores and compared some of the different files. These are the results:

The four core files that the Upgrading module shows as different are identical, so I only find two reasons: the md5 is not calculated correctly or the difference is caused by saving the files in different operating systems. What do you think?

I have compared three mails files too. One of them has these differences:

<td align="left">

<!-- Products -->{products} {discounts}<!-- Footer: prices -->

is changed to:

<td align="left">{products} {discounts}

<!-- Products --><!-- Footer: prices -->

So, {products} {discounts} changes its posittion in a table.

The other two mails I have compared (I have not compared all yet) have different comments:

* 2007-2012 PrestaShop

* @copyright 2007-2012 PrestaShop SA

* @version Release: $Revision: 14011 $

are changed to:

* 2007-2011 PrestaShop

* @copyright 2007-2011 PrestaShop SA

* @version Release: $Revision: 7233 $

Why these differences? I downloaded the 1.4.8.2 version zip I used for upgrading from the link showed in the backoffice. Now it seems that it is not exactly the same I have downloaded from http://www.prestasho...a-programadores. The differences do not seem important, but I do not want to check every difference each time I upgrade the software. This way md5 check does not help... :(

Thanks in advance for your feedback and advice,

ardv

• 2 weeks later...