Prestashop as the backbone of my ecommerce site?

OK, I am trying to navigate the waters of Prestashop and all the bells, whistles, and add-ons that are available, and I am getting a bit behind the curve.

I keep looking at other potential solutions, but keep coming back to PS - so I am looking for some guidance on what the other pieces of the puzzle are that I need to make this project of mine work well.

• We need to be able tp update many product prices automatically - bulk upload, etc. This looks possible - bulk import/export as well as scripting against the values in the database.
  • Integration with QB POS - we use a QB POS 10 installation to run the retail operations, and we want to leverage this as well. When an order is placed, we want it to go into QB, and print a pick sheet. I know this is a plugin (we're looking at webgility)
  • Inventory Management with QB - I know this is also a plugin (we're looking at webgility for this as well).

So the workflow (in a perfect world) would go like this:

• We place an item on the site (or more likely 10,000 of them through bulk upload)
  • Customers place order online
  • Order goes into our QB POS system, and automatically prints a pick ticket
  • Picker grabs tickets, packs box, attaches postage sends on its way (inventory is reduced by picker taking item off shelf)
  • customer gets updated info in online order that shows the status of his order changing and tracking information

First, how practical is this expectation, and secondly, am I looking in the right places for the right pieces?

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

• 1 year later...