Order summary

forkless

There seems to be a cosmetic bug with the PayPal module in PS 1.4.8.2

When I go through the checkout (on the sandbox and production), it will show the order summary in the left column just fine.

However when I try to add a voucher to my cart and check it out again the summary is blank.

The totals are showing correctly though.

Update: There seems to be another issue with the descriptions, when I add gift wrapping it shows the giftwrapping ($3.00) with the Tax description as GST only (it's an Australian currency based store). It's set up as no tax in the settings by the way.

While the totals are correct the order summary is misleading/confusing, not to mention that it looks unprofessional not being able to generate a proper order summary.

screenshot1.jpg

Below the same order with a 10% discount coupon

screenshot2.jpg

Edited by forkless (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with PS3.0.7 on PS 1.4.8.2. order summary = total value at least is correct but taxes and shipping (here: Germany) are not correctly shown which is, well, irritating if a customer double checks the numbers. have been in contact with PS developer francois but I have no idea whether and when this issue will be solved...

p.s. did not verify your voucher issue not showing any line items at all. but I remember now that when testing the paypal module I indeed had cases where sometimes the products were listed on the PayPal checkout page and sometimes just the grand total was shown...

• 3 years later...

Anybody fix this....the problem is in the standard.tpl file OF THE PAYPALUSA MODULE

If no discounts it shows products and summary but when a discount or voucher is added the code only arrays item1 and total...

so I guess that just said forget it which is bad because when customers get to Paypal  they cant see complete order summary on the paypal page.

THIS ALSO DOES NOT WORK IN PRESTASHOP 1.6.1 THREE YEARS LATER.

NOTICE THE CODE AFTER THE ELSE STATEMENT

{if $paypal_usa_total_discounts == 0}

{foreach from=$cart->getProducts() item=paypal_usa_product name="paypal_usa_products"}

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+1|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="{$paypal_usa_product.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />

<input type="hidden" name="amount_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+1|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="{$paypal_usa_product.price|string_format:"%.2f"}" />

<input type="hidden" name="quantity_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+1|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="{$paypal_usa_product.quantity|intval}" />

{/foreach}

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}

{if $paypal_usa_total_shipping}

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+2|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="{l s='Shipping' mod='paypalusa'}" />

<input type="hidden" name="amount_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+2|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="{$paypal_usa_total_shipping|floatval}" />

<input type="hidden" name="quantity_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+2|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" value="1">

{/if}

{else}

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="{l s="Your order" mod="paypalusa"}" />

<input type="hidden" name="amount_1" value="{$cart->getOrderTotal(!$show_taxes)|floatval}" />

{/if}

Edited by prestomel (see edit history)