Attributes and Groups problem - list not displayed properly

Hi,

I have a little problem with Attributes and Groups. I set up two new groups for e.g. Line (which contains attributes: Standard and Deluxe) and a group called Flavours (which contains: Chocolate, Deluxe Chocolate, Milk, Deluxe Milk).

I add a new product with attribute combinations like:

• Standard
    • Chocolate
    • Milk

[*]Deluxe

• Deluxe Chocolate
    • Deluxe Milk

But in my product page, when I select standard line from my list i see also Deluxe Chocolate and Deluxe Milk, which belongs to Deluxe line.

Is it possible to change display list, that ONLY displays flavours, that belong to Line group?

Try this

1.Add attributes and group

attributes and group > standard

attributes and group> deluxe

2.Add attributes

Name - Choc

Group -- choose standard

Add another attributes

Name -- Milk

Group -- choose standard

same thing with Deluxe

Add attributes

Name - Deluxe Choc

Group -- choose Deluxe

Add another attributes

Name -- Deluxe Milk

Group -- choose Deluxe

3. Create a product

go to Combinations tab

Choose the attributes .. add

enter quantity if you want and

Generate

You should get the display according to your req.

with Deluxe Milk and Deluxe Choc won't display under Standard line

Hope it helps

Edited by halennoor (see edit history)

Thanks for help, but it doesn't work properly.

Now two dropdown menus for lines (one for standard, second for deluxe) - instead of one Line dropdown menu (which contains Standard and Deluxe) + Flavours dropdown menu (wich contains Chocolate and Milk if standard selected, and Chocolate Deluxe + Milk Deluxe if Deluxe selected).

Thanks for help, but it doesn't work properly.

Now two dropdown menus for lines (one for standard, second for deluxe) - instead of one Line dropdown menu (which contains Standard and Deluxe) + Flavours dropdown menu (wich contains Chocolate and Milk if standard selected, and Chocolate Deluxe + Milk Deluxe if Deluxe selected).

I see that now. Ok do you need to have the Deluxe and Standard categories? If not you can create an attribute group of the product and list the four flavours under Standard/Milk, Standard/Chocolate, Deluxe Milk, Deluxe Chocolate. However how about the prices are they impacted too.

if you searched in the forum, there are a number of discussion about the product combinations and some are not conclusive due to the limitations of how it can be done using the Back Office.

If you have done using two group a- Lines b- Flavour according to your list, and chose Deluxe from Lines, and then chose from the Flavour list drop down ( which has all the Deluxe Choc, Deluxe Milk, Milk and Choc in a drop down menu) "Milk" or "Chocolate" it will display.

Availability: The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another one.

So far thats probably the best solution, minus the display list showing only the flavor belonging to the group.

If this is insufficient and you still want to change the display list ONLY to show the flavour that belongs to the group, you may have to do some hacks or use a third party module at this moment. I would also want to know if prestashop allows a good solution using purely the back office ( or even some minor hacks in the relevant files ) to 'hide' the 'unwanted' attributes from display for selected group. :)

Edited by halennoor (see edit history)

• 1 year later...