how to address combination DOM elements dynamically?

mim

Hi there,

I'll appreciate it if someone had an idea to share, for solving or working it around:

In fact for design purposes I want to address the combination elements in product page through css, although it isn’t hard at all when you have the layout after shop got installed and configured, the problem is that the way Prestashop address these DOM elements isn’t at all development friendly so you can’t just write a css that address the size combinations (for example) if it exist in layout;

For example it address every combination group with an ID like “#group_4” without any clue what it could be, in dom tags! So I imagine these IDs will be changed easily each time depending on the order in which user will add ;

And since like this, these ID names are just inutile and unreliable for any reason that I can imagine why not change them to something more meaningful?

My suggestion is something like [#combination_” + (name or public name of the group or even meta data or something related to this attr!)] or at least leave some trace of these elements in DOM tags like <select id="group_4" name=”size” and not again à name="group_4"(why?!) >

Right now it could be just possible to use JS to find if there is a certain text (like size) in html value of each element then doing some acrobatic back and forth in hierarchy to assign some simple css! Which isn’t a good solution at all,

By the way if I’m wrong or if here is already some way to do this, I’ll appreciate if you mention it to me, I don’t understand even what does “meta title” attr in back office so forgive me if I’m horribly wrong!! :)

Thank you very much both Prestashop and community, I’m waiting to hear from you :)

mim,

post-354526-0-12131600-1340532536_thumb.gif

Edited by mim (see edit history)

PS: Btw I hope I post it in right place, I’m new here and I didn’t find a suggestion or wish list so I thought I’ll post it here and maybe get some feedback and/or ideas to address this little problem, ;)

thx again