Icons on custom tabs in the back-office

babthooka

I am developing a module that will have its own back-office tab. On the install() function I create a tab according to the following excellent documentations:

The Nethercott Constructions guide,

the Prestaportal guide and

the official dev. guide.

Most of it is done, but a last little detail seems unresolvable. The new tab that appears in the back-office lacks the icon.

I have been to Employees > Tabs and clicked on the pertinent tab, and the icon it points to is correct (I moved the logo.gif to img/t/ and renamed it properly), and the icon shows here. But it will not show in the tab itself (it shows a ? to the left of the tab name, so I imagine I have to find yet another place to define where this icon can be found?). Does anyone know what I am missing? How can I get this little gif icon to show up on the tab?

BTW, the tab has obviously '0' as parent, so it shows in line with the main tabs, like Catalog, Customers, Orders, etc...

Good question ;) - I'm embarrassed I haven't thought of this first!

I does look for the AdminMyModule.gif, but it does not search in img/t/, but rather in /modules/MyModule/

Is this normal? It seems a bit odd to me... I know now I can just add this file there, but if there is another "more proper" way of doing this, I'd rather go for that.

Thank you