Unhooking Products Category from Header of Pages

TilenM

Hello,

it seems that I cannot unhook this module from BO, but I would like to have it only in "Product footer" area. If I delete it from position, it says that its deleted, but it is not. If I try to make an exception at module position, it says it is done, but it is not.

The only problem I have with this is that everytime I refresh my site, I get a quick glimpse of that module in the header. Just glimpse - it does not stay there (not for the eyes to see at least).

Any suggestion how to rid this module from that position permanently?! I only want it in Product footer area.

Tnx in advance!

Actually, I'm a little confused by what you are saying. Firstly, do not confuse the 'header' hook with 'tops of pages'. All modules are installed to the header hook AND the relevant one to which they are to be positioned and show up in. Being on the header hook does not make anything show in the header of the website.......if you follow me. :huh:

This module is only meant to show up in the product footer and nowhere else. It's hard to understand what your problem is exactly. Could you post a link to your site?

Something else is a problem here. The header hook means the header of the document which is not the same as the viewable content in the 'header area' of the page. For that, we use the 'tops of pages' hook. So I don't know what is happening at the moment. Besides, 'Products Category' module CAN NOT be hooked into the header area (tops of pages) by default.

This is a little strange. I can look at it in more depth for you but not until later as I am busy right now. I'll respond to your PM later too.

Hi,

I've had a closer look and I can tell you that it is NOT the 'productscategory' module that is flashing up in the header. It is in fact your navigation bar. It's pre-loading unformatted (no css styling) for just a very brief second and then it is displaying correctly.