How to add a text page?

Hi,

I would like to add a "Press" page to my Prestashop. How do I do that? Ideally this Press page will have text and some downloadable pictures.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Anna

Well you can add new pages to Prestashop via your back-office under 'Tools > CMS > Add a new page' You can create any page you need there with a full text editor. A little .html knowledge will let you add some extra functionality if you want.

Is this the kind of thing you meant?

Hi Flaunt,

thanks for the reply! In general, thats what I am looking for. I added - as you described - the page "Press". It only shows under 'Sitemap' now. I would like to have it replace 'Sitemap' in TM Headerlinks. I opened the modules tmheaderlinks.php and changed there sitemap to press but it still opened sitemap when clicking on it. Any thoughts?

Anna

You would have to edit the .tpl file to add or edit any header links. Difficult to tell you exactly what as it sounds like you're using a Template Monster theme and module so it will be slightly different than the PS defaults.

Can I see a link to your site?

I did edit the header links .tpl but it did not take the change from

<li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap.php')}"{if $page_name == 'sitemap'} class="active"{/if}><span>{l s='press' mod='tmheaderlinks'}</span></a></li>

to

<li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('press.php')}"{if $page_name == 'press'} class="active"{/if}><span>{l s='press' mod='tmheaderlinks'}</span></a></li>

Sure, my site is mamaberlin.ie

I really appreciate your help, Flaunt.

You put the wrong link details in, that's all. Custom CMS pages are not quite the same as the 'contact', 'sitemap' etc pages.

Easiest way to sort it is to go to view the 'Press' page and copy the link from your address bar, then change the code to this instead:

<li><a href="http://www.yoursite.com/content/pagename"{if $page_name == 'press'} class="active"{/if}><span>{l s='press' mod='tmheaderlinks'}</span></a></li>

Try that.

Make sure you clear you cache too.

Edited by Flaunt (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Well you can add new pages to Prestashop via your back-office under 'Tools > CMS > Add a new page' You can create any page you need there with a full text editor. A little .html knowledge will let you add some extra functionality if you want.

Is this the kind of thing you meant?

edited - ignore this I have found the answer!

Edited by gnattle (see edit history)