Backoffice login problem

Hi,

I have 1.4.7.0 and today, after changing nothing, I want to login into BO and became a warning :

"Employee does not exist or password is incorrect." Tried also with Forgot password and get same warning :(

What is wrong and how can I enter into BO ? This is the only e mail and password (at the moment I have only one employee and this one as an employee)

Thank you for your help,

G

Hello,

Do you know how phpMyAdmin works? If not you could use the first part of this article to get there: How to open phpMyAdmin.

Once you have opened your database you click on sql and enter the following line:

UPDATE `ps_employee` SET `passwd` = MD5('<_COOKIE_>password') WHERE `ps_employee`.`id_employee` = 1;

Where cookie is from config file and password is the password you want.

You can find the config file on your hosting using Filezilla for instance.

Go to: config/settings.inc.php

If this doesn't work please tell me I'm following this topic.

Kind regards,

T. Barbillion

Hello,

thank you for your help.I'm not very familiar with php, but open database anyway. :)

This procedure doesn't work or I made wrong something :rolleyes:

What I did :

- change word COOKIE (only word) with code get from COOKIE KEY (tried also with code from COOKIE IV)

- change word password with same password I already use

Is this ok?

thx,Grega

Not working !

Made it, string looks like this :

UPDATE `ps_employee` SET `passwd` = MD5('gRQs6d5dZQx2InX9jRuF0yGUXxyBvdrOAvEgontNgoRLdKqkLhYbyZJnxxxxxxxx') WHERE `ps_employee`.`id_employee` = 1;

xxxxxxxx - password

Is this ok ? The password must be same as at instalation or could be different ?

If this will not working, what could I do else ? But anyway, why this happened ? It is very ok that shop is still in configuration procedure and is not live yet, otherwise ...

Ok, nobody knows. It is strange for me but ok ...

Obviouslly I have to reinstall Presta :wacko: and make all settings once again :blink: ...

Can anybody tell me in which files translation changes are made ( I beleive it is not only one file ) or even better (if it is possible at all ) how to make backup without backoffice ( I doubt that it is possible, but better ask first )

Please help me ........ :(

If you did it correctly you should find all your language files in your lang folder at: Themes/<your theme>/Lang.

Why don't your reinstall Prestashop and copy the `ps_employee` table. And why isn't the query we send you working? What error does it give you?

Kind regards,

T. Barbillion

If you did it correctly you should find all your language files in your lang folder at: Themes/<your theme>/Lang.

Why don't your reinstall Prestashop and copy the `ps_employee` table. And why isn't the query we send you working? What error does it give you?

Kind regards,

T. Barbillion

I have no idea why it is not working. When I try to login, enter form of BO gave me the same warning :Employee does not exist or password is incorrect. Did you check the string ? And looks ok for you ?

I suggest you get someone who knows more about Prestashop I could help you but not by writing each other messages trough this forum.

I have to log in on the hosting and database to see whats going on. My knowledge of Prestashop only goes to a certain level.

Kind regards,

T. Barbillion

OK, thank you very much for your help.

I'll try to find somewhone, but here in forum this will be mission immpossibile probably because nobody but you reply on this topic :(

Otherwise I'll reinstall it. What you suggest - to remove complete instalation, clean all and install once again from the beggining ?Of course copy lang folder first ...

thx

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...