Edit the product page

plaristote

Hi !

I'm trying to edit the product page in order to add my own fields and display the price with my own field.

And when the form is sent, I will also need for some methods of mine to be called before adding to the cart.

Is it possible to do so, and if it is, how ?

Thanks !

?? Even if I want to calculate a price from a volume ?

Because what I want to do is a bit trickier than groups and options : the price must be in €/square meters.

And it's about window glass : so I also have to set thicknesses as option, which are added as a % of the price.

And THEN only the price of options is added.

And the user must be able to chose the size of the glass he wants.

Is it really possible to do all this with the native functions of prestashop ?

Edited by plaristote (see edit history)

I've looked everywhere and tried anything without finding any way to do so.

In the end, I even resigned myself to modify prestashop code to make it happen. But it's taking way to long, I would need weeks to understand how every involved parts work and how to edit them to include my code (AND it is dirty)

I really need to understand how to add quantifiable attributes, and how to specify myself how they influence the price.

I'm almost two weeks late on this project :( ! I'll be infinitely grateful to anyone who can help !

Thanks !

For instance, if I want to buy window, I need to chose a size (width and height), a thickness and some options.

First, I must compute the price of the options : I take the base price of the window (specified in € per square meter). The price of every option is computed from a percentage of the base price.

Then, I get the volume of the window, and multiply it by (base price + options).

Finally, I take the last value and add the price of the thickness to it (this last one would work like a regular attribute).

The equation looks like this:

price = (((base price + options) * area) + thickness)