Attribute combinations price impacts - tip for newbs

This may help some newbies like yours truly.

If you are adding multiple attributes to a product, with pricing impacts,

by default, Prestashop doesnt do anything with those price movements.

You need to enter all your group/attribute pairs with price movements for each

the run the "generate combinations" link.

It will ask something like "do you want to overwrite product data" and you click OK.

Then it should generate requisite combinations and final price of each combinations.

So if you product looks something like.

Default product price 100JPY

Color: Pink - price up 10JPY

Color: Blue - no price change

Size: Big - price up 20 JPY

Size: Small - no price change

It will generate 4 product combinations

Pink / Big 130 JPY

Pink / Small 110 JPY

Blue / Big 120 JPY

Blue / Small 100 JPY

Now what happens when you have 4 Groups and 12 attributes in each group?

.... problems. You will need a third party module.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Why is Prestashop not doing anything with the price movements? If I change the price of a combination, it is because I want that price of that particular combination to....change. Is there no other way of making PS take into account the price impact? If I use the combination generator, all my reference names for the different combinations are lost.

I have 4 groups and between 2-4 attributes in each group which means up to 54 combinations. What is the fastest way to do this, AND make prestashop take into account the price movement.

Thanks in advance,

Ronlin

I think you're wrong.

when you have generated all your combinations, you can edit them through the combination tab, without the need to regenerate them

In the combination list, you select the one you want to modify. It is then display in the upper part of the tab, you can then modifiy the price impact and save

You are correct Olea, furthermore the price impact can be done in the generator already.

However, I need to have a unique reference for each of the combinations - is this possible to set up in the generator (think not) - or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks!

Sorry for double question, but is it also possible to change the additional shipping fee for the different combinations without using the weight impact? For example if I sell a book and one of the combinations is hard-cover, I´d like that combination to have a higher shipping price, but I the weight doesn´t increase that much (and I don´t know the exact increase anyway). Is this possible?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Price reduction combination not working is occur when you have more than 2 combinations in 1 product.

The solution is easy:

1. after you have created all of your combinations for your product
  2. then in combinations tab in your product, click Product combinations generator, dialog box will ask u if you want to delete information you entered, just clik ok
  3. then in the attribute combinations generator, click generate button.
  4. it's DONE :)

it also work for Prestashop 1.4.xx

Edited by jhonzz007 (see edit history)