My First Try

SuperGeek

Please review my new build. I have been dabbling in web design for a few months now, but this is my first attempt at ever using PrestaShop for creation. I have toyed with several WYSIWYG type editors and even Dreamweaver along with some opensource alternatives to mixed results. I really like Prestashop and plan to use it again after I figure out all the ins and outs of the system.

Website is here

I have it working fine for the most part, but I cannot figure out what went wrong on my "products" page. The category and subcategories pages display correctly, but my background and margins become transparent on the product page... I have been messing with the global.css, product.css and product.tpl files to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated by this 'newbie'

Problem page example is here

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer assistance or suggestions on what I am overlooking.

Edited by SuperGeek (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Belenos, I appreciate your feedback! I am not sure where you determined the prestashop version, but it was a brand new installation of Prestashop 1.4.7 from scratch and the only thing that had been added was, you guessed it, the "clean-simple" theme from PrestaStyle. You are right that the company did not design the theme that started the website, but they are the ones that did all the work and setup. Since my last post, I actually spoke with an individual at PrestaStyle and they had admitted that there was, in fact, a problem with a TPL file which they recently fixed and updated. Needless to say, the problem has been taken care of.

Many thanks to PrestaStyle and their team! They truly are a group (or individual?) of highly skilled and generous developers.

:)