Parent Category - Changing URL, adding new etc...

Sarak

Hi all!

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times but I cannot work out how to do it or seem to find the answer anywhere (assuming there is an answer).

All of this, I know:

The default Parent category in Prestashop is "Home".

You can create sub-categories within "Home".

The default URL of "Home" seems to lead to the Categories page, where any sub-categories you create will be displayed, as well as any products you have added.

My questions:

1. Is there a way to change the URL of "Home" so that it doesn't lead you the categories page but instead leads you to your sites actual Homepage (www.mydomain.com)?

2. Is there a way to add more Parent Categories? For example, if you sell DVD's and DVD Players, you can create one parent category for "DVD's", which will lead you to view the available dvd's for sale and also create another parent category for "DVD Players" which will lead you to view the available dvd players for sale?

Basically, I want to create more Parent Categories, so that they may have their own sub-categories, rather than create a bunch of subcategories all under "Home".

http://www.hmv.com is a good example, as DVD's is one parent category, Blue-Ray is another etc...

I have some experience with html/css/php so if there is a way to do it in File Manager, please let me know. Or maybe there's a Module out there that will let you customize categories this way and manually change the URLs?

It's a very simple feature that every online store has so I'd be surprised if there is no way to do it in Prestashop.

Thanks in advance (and I'm sorry for going on a bit!)

• 3 weeks later...