All modules in New standard theme PrestaShop 1.5 not shown when installing

I am trying to install the New standard theme PrestaShop 1.5 in my local development environment based on WAMT server. It's a completely new setup with prestashop 1.4.7.

When I import this theme (freshly downloaded from prestashop website) in my prestashop installation, not all modules are shown. Snapshot attached. blocktopmenu, blockcontact and some other are not shown.

It's absolutely fresh installation on my local machine. Can somebody put some light, what is going wrong and where?

post-304017-0-32471000-1335438621_thumb.png

did you try to check the box "add all" instead of "add new" ?

I suppose you are talking about the option under "Theme images configuration". That configuration is for image settings. As much as I know, it won't affect the respective modules showing up on the page. Actually all the new modules in this theme should show up on this page.

If I consider the Config.xml in the zip file of theme, following is some snapshot of the node entries. And all these modules should show up in this page.

<module action="install" name="blocktopmenu"/>

<module action="install" name="blocksharefb"/>

<module action="install" name="blockcontactinfos"/>

<module action="install" name="blockcontact"/>

<module action="install" name="blockbestsellers2"/>

<module action="install" name="blockcart2"/>

<module action="install" name="blockpermanentlinks2"/>

<module action="install" name="sendtoafriend2"/>

<module action="install" name="blockmyaccountfooter"/>

<module action="install" name="blocksocial"/>

<module action="install" name="blockreinsurance"/>

I have the same problem.

And it's even more strange coz, before I installed prestashop 1.5 template, and mine template made on it,

without any problems and now I have the same issue as logicallimit shown.

Absolutely. Same with me. It was working till yesterday in my local environment. Today I tried to play with renaming module folders and then correspondingly in Config.xml. And it didn't work somehow. So to start afresh, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled WAMT and then installed prestashop and configured it. Tried to import that theme and whewwwwww.... it never showed me all the modules thereafter.

It's over my head. If you get some solution, please do share.

Something is wrong, How it's possible that it use to work and now it isn't. Presta is magic !

Can someone try to install new presta theme on their hosting or local.

Thanks in advance

Absolutely. I have tested it on a absolutely newly setup computer with Win XP and fresh installation of wamp server and prestashop. But this problem is present there.Somebody from prestashop must look into it soon.

• Like 1

anybody has any solution? Prestashop experts, I can understand you guys are very busy, but please take out 10 minutes to test it and let me know if you also face this problem. Unfortunately, I never receive reply from prestashop experts who are very active in this forum in other posts. Sort of bad luck may be!

Really, prestashop developers, experts don't know how to fix it, or don't want to say something ?

Try to post it in some other topics with similar problem. Although I have also posted but have not received any reply. If you get some solution, please do post here. I have also raised a bug for it, but I suppose no body is still assigned to it. Last time also I raised a bug and posted for help in forum when Ajax cart was not working, but nothing happened. No useful replies and resolution. Finally I had to make my site live without Ajax cart. I had directly sent personal message to some of the most active PS experts, but they never replied. So, it's hard to get a reply here.

And for this issue, it seems more like a problem of the theme upload module, rather than theme problem itself. Probably it is not able to properly parse the Config.xml in the theme's zip file or not able to parse the module folders inside the zip file.

As a workaround, what I am doing is to directly copy the modules and theme folders inside prestashop installation and then change the settings of each module individually after installing them through admin interface as per the "Config.xml". Very tedious but no other option available at this time.

My experience with prestashop support is very bad. What value a good product has got when it can't help it's committed users when they need it most.

• 2 weeks later...

@logicallimit I invite you to try again the theme install.

Let me know if you still have the error.

Yup, I tested it on PS 1.4.5.1 and it was working fine in there. Can you please tell me how it started working correctly. I unzipped the same prestashop code zip file and tested on it with same theme code zip file that I used earlier. But it is not giving error now.

If I remember correctly, there is a code in theme installer module which checks some kind of XML file from prestashop website. This xml file carries listing of modules and some settings. Is it something related to that or something else!

Hello,

@logicallimit you are perfectly right. the xml file was edited a few weeks ago to be used by the developers of the 1.5. However they forgot that this file is checked often by the themeinstallator. Some modules like the blocktopmenu, blocksocial, are native in the 1.5 so everytime you wanted to export or import a theme, these modules were ignored causing the issue you had.

• 2 weeks later...