Cookie problems between two different sites after upgrade

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of difficulty with something and wanted to ask some people smarter than me where I should start debugging...

[Problem]

The problem I am experiencing is that when you are logged into AUS and go to the admin side of USA - it asks you to log in, this logs you out of the AUS site... and visa versa...

Adding a product to the cart of either one, will clear the cart in the other.

[Outline]

I'm running 5 sites on different sub-domains of the same server (they reside within their own directory on the root of the main server with subdomains set up to point to those directories)

Previous to the upgrade all 5 sites were working perfectly.

The site in question (Called AUS) was on a 1.3.2.3 install, and I followed the upgrade instructions on the PS site to bring it to the current version 1.4.7.3.

The upgrade (from PS Install folder) went successfully and the site worked fine (all be it with a missing theme that was easily rectifiable by changing it back to 'prestashop' - the site worked fine after this.

I installed a theme with the theme installer and copied some edited files from the USA site (on 1.4.7.2) to make the sites look the same.

(I thought this might have caused it, but the only files that were copied were files residing below the 'themes' directory, and files residing below the 'modules' directory. (None of these I think handle cookies and caches do they?)

My head thinks it is a cookie problem so I have already (using Safari on Mac) cleared my cache, and properly reset safari with all the options (this deletes EVERY saved thing, usernames, passwords, history, cookies, cache... the lot!)

Still no luck.

It is as if somehow the sites are using some cookie or cache data which obviously doesn't work with each site and clears it.

Where do I start trying to figure out what is going on?

I thought maybe it was something to do with the "_COOKIE_KEY_" and "_COOKIE_IV_" settings in the config setting and maybe I had accidentally copied them over incorrectly and they were the same - thus looking at the same data on my computer but they are different...

(Not that I know what either of these properties do)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck...

Dan