Paypal cURL error

Nanuk

Hi there, i've been use the paypal module for two years with no probs at all! In these last days it gives that error after a client has paid:

"Verifica fallimento (con cURL). Restituito: (verifying failure (with cURL). Returned:)

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/webscr was not found on this server.

cURL error:SSL: certificate subject name '*.register.it' does not match target host name 'www.paypal.com'La transazione PayPal non è stata VERIFICATA." (last phrase: the Paypal transaction has not been verified")

I've contacted Paypal and after a few tests they reply me back that everything is ok on their side and must be an error in prestashop or paypal module.

I'm using the standar payments (just email). I've also tried to install the new version of paypal module 2.8.7 but it won't work, it completely block the "module section" returning a blank page. My hosting is www.register.it

Any idea? :(

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has this been resolved?? On of my clients is experiencing this issue! They have around 20-30 orders everyday with a payment error... I have updated Paypal module to v2.8.7 but still payment issues! I have tried the latest Paypal module v3+ but it has a lot of bugs etc!!!

Any help will be much appreciated :

Exact error message: Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:Couldn't resolve host 'www.paypal.com'The PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.