Strange Paypal problem.

The_Iceman

Hello all. I'm having a strange problem getting the paypal module working. I have installed the latest version of Presashop 1.4.7.3 and tried setting up the paypal module. This is the list of things done.

1) Installed the module (which came with Prestashop)

2) Set the solutions

3) Tabbed to the settings tab adding all the information needed including the new email address

4) Saved the settings.

Now when I go back to the module list, it still shows the yellow warning saying. "You are currently using the default PayPal e-mail address, please enter your own e-mail address." Even trying to input all the information over it still gives the same warning. Thinking I'll just re-install it, I click unistall on the module which then pops the green box saying "Module unistalled successfully" but still shows it with the yellow ! with the warning still active..even with logging out then back into the BO. Now when I click "delete" to remove the module, it does remove it..but when I try to install the newest version of the paypal module off the site here, it makes the module page not show up. Every other tab/page works ok, but not the modules page/tab. If I delete that module by ftp and install the version that came with Prestashop 1.4.7.3, it starts all over with the warnings and won't accept the info I put into it.

So I'm thinking the info might be staying somewhere even when I delete it which causes the newest version to mess up. Now if that's the case, how can I delete all of it in the program? Does it set itself in the database? Can I remove all traces of it in there? I'm just guessing here though. lol

Here is the Server info:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.7.3

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Tue Jan 31 15:43:27 EST 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.1.61-community-log

Current theme in use: prestashop_new

Mail method: You are using the PHP mail() function.

Any help would be great and thank you in advance for anyone's help.

Sincerely,

Roger