postUpdateOrderStatus hook isn't activating

clorith

I'm trying to have a function trigger after an order status is changed, with a different action depending on the status that is set, this is for integration to a shipping software.

I have the following hook code;

public function hookpostUpdateOrderStatus($params)
{
var_dump($params);
}

Which -should- output the two arrays that exist in postUpdateOrderStatus, but it's not giving me any output at all. There are no errors in my apache error.log and the page loads just fine so there are no obvious reasons for it not to be doing anything.

I am on Prestashop 1.4.7.3

• Like 1

No, the function I am hooking into is called "postUpdateOrderStatus", lowercase "p" in the beginning, but yes I did think the same thing originally and I did try it with the "P" capitalized, but it did nothing as well. (the reason I use lowercase is because the defined function in the hooks file is with a lowercase one, and all other examples I've found so far always start with a lowercase letter in the function being hooked into).

I have taken to using the invoice hook instead, placing a button that has to be manually clicked every time instead. This is far from the ideal approach but until Presta fixes the hooks or at least gives some input on how to get it to work, it will have to do.

Judging by my Googling and other peoples bug reports of the hook, them fixing it is not likely though... I was less then impressed by the bug report solutions provided by prestashop developers.