Prestashop 1.5 on Synology NAS server.

I have installed prestashop 1.4xx on my synology 2.09 II + NAS server. It is working okay. When it comes to 1.509 it is quite a different matter. I really need the functions of ver 1.5 (back officer orders) etc. but it is working very slow. I know it is a beta and that the final version is a bit delayed. But I would appreciate if someone could share experience with prestashop running on a synology server. It should be able to run a small shop with a limited amount of same time customers but something seems to keep CPU very busy as well as the disk. The NAS server is a 512 mb ram model.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Rgds

I would suggest upgrading RAM if possilbe. Anyway the CPU is not very strong too and it seems that your server is swapping (due to lack of memory) already. To be honest I do not think this is an ideal setup to run a webserver. I assume you already have a lot of services running on the machine and the specs are really low. I do not know why you choose the setup on a NAS Server but if it is an intranet solution you should upgrade your hardware and if you are expecting visitors from the internet you should deliver best performance for several reasons and better look for good webspace on one of the hosting companies.

Regards, trip

• 1 year later...

I have installed prestashop 1.4xx on my synology 2.09 II + NAS server. It is working okay. When it comes to 1.509 it is quite a different matter. I really need the functions of ver 1.5 (back officer orders) etc. but it is working very slow. I know it is a beta and that the final version is a bit delayed. But I would appreciate if someone could share experience with prestashop running on a synology server. It should be able to run a small shop with a limited amount of same time customers but something seems to keep CPU very busy as well as the disk. The NAS server is a 512 mb ram model.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Rgds

Try the following:

1: In prestaship performance settings "Caching" turn OFF cache, leave Smarty Cache ON.

2: Edit settings.inc.php and change

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');

to

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'MyISAM');

For me it dropped 3 seconds off the move item to cart, and my one page check out opens about twice as fast, let me know if you get the same results.

• 1 year later...

Try the following:

1: In prestaship performance settings "Caching" turn OFF cache, leave Smarty Cache ON.

2: Edit settings.inc.php and change

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');

to

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'MyISAM');

For me it dropped 3 seconds off the move item to cart, and my one page check out opens about twice as fast, let me know if you get the same results.

i tried it but still too much longer to visit the website

prestashop 1.6 update from yesterday. Same problem.

Static page (a simple php document) is fast.

Indeed i guess syno is too weak, but in this case, why are they adding a synology-prestashop module if it can't stand it ...

so i was looking for free web hosting the time my shop get knowed, but they do not fit as i intend to (not enough space, no database ...)

edit: i own a ds413j so i cannot upgrade memory

Edited by davi2d (see edit history)