502 Bad gateway Error in Back Office

erbuc

Hello,

I am using PS 1.1.05. I have done a search on this subject but no body has supplied an workable response to this issue.

After I log on to the Back Office, I click on the Catalog.
I then click on a Category name to display the list of products in that Category.

The initial list only shows the first 30 items and indicates that there are 3 pages of items in this category. When I click on the arrow to show me the Next 30 items, I get the following error:

Mikrotik HttpProxy
Error: 502 Bad Gateway

I have logged off and logged in again, tried going through a dedicated proxy, and I still cannot get past this error.

Does anyone have some guidance on what this issue is REALLY and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Eric

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem in backend.

once i faced with 502 error on the front end, when user login into shoping cart. simply my hoster added 8kb cache for cookies. I think that i backend more cookies are transfered to the server...

Does someone can give an advice...?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there anyway this can be resolved. I posted a bug but the response I got I need to contact my server admin.

My question is where does this error happen, in a sense which line so I can debug it myself

For me when I have more than 50 products in the backend and I try to click the next or filter button I get a blank page

Any info would be helpful

• 6 months later...

Having the same problem..

On my old server everything worked good, but when I moved to my new server the problem started.

For example i get the 502 Bad gateway-error when:
- I try to complete a checkout
- Delete customers in BO.
- When trying to register new customer accounts..

Tried to ask my hostingcompany, but they dont seem to know why this happen.

Ive read something about that the cookie-size can create this kind of problem? Anyone know anything more about that?

(PSversion 1.3.1.1 and # Apache/2.2.16 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.3.3 with Suhosin-Patch
MySQL clientversion: 5.0.90)

thanks

SOLVED: There was something wrong with the server configuration, my host fixed the problem, so I dont really know what the problem was.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, I think it started after the hosting company installed haproxy load balancer on their servers. It took a lot of back and forth but finally they fixed the bad gateway problem. I asked for information on the fix and this is the response I got from the tech. I hope this helps someone.

Dear customer,

Previously I have updated the front-end web service to the latest version and have increased
twice its buffer size to 32 Kbytes, but these changes did not help. Today the new buffer
size has been doubled once again and the check buffer size has been set to the same value
(64 Kbytes).

A higher value of the buffer size allows some applications with very large cookies to work.
A higher value of the check buffer size may help find string or regex patterns in very large
pages. But it is necessary to be careful with new settings. Values of the buffer size larger
than default size will increase memory usage, possibly causing the system to run out of
memory. At least the max connections parameter should be decreased by the same factor as
this one is increased. The same concerns the check buffer size variable.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a LOT of very similar problems and very little fixes it would seem - also no mention from prestashop its self.

I contracted my hosting company and explained the cookie issue and problem. They increased the proxy_buffer_size in Nginx settings and now all is well. I don't know if this is a permanent fix as I've heard the issue can appear again.

Good luck.