Prestashopic Clothing theme 1.3 - Not happening (def template mix with new)

Hello guys,

I'm a super newbie, but I'm kind of It minded, if that makes any sense.

HELP ME!!! I'm drowning in desperation :unsure:

I spent the last week nights and the whole week end trying to sort this template out.

I have Prestashop 1.4.7 installed on local using MAMP.

All sorted, all works. Green lights. yeah!

I'm studying the manuals and playing around to get some understanding.

I find this cool template on Prestashopic. Clohing theme one column, compatible 1.4+.

Great. I pay, I download. Happy!

I install the theme in themes and the modules in modules, following step by step the instructions.

I change my modules positions, I regenerate all thumbnails, etc.

Press view store. NAH. Loads my logo, the big sliding pic with the hotties, the banners at the bottom. All the rest is the old default template. <_<

Well, I probably did something wrong, didn't I?

Ok. 15 TIMES???

Disinstalled and reinstalled the whole Prestashop a few times, naked and 'dressed' w the default template.

Nah.

Emptied caches as found in some random posts in this forum about it. Nah.

Then, a feeling of power and genius fills my mind.

I try to fool the 'system' by rewriting all the modules, all the css, all the images, all the template files - so that Mamp can't find anything else that the new stuff ANYWHERE. buhahahahah (evil laugh)

View shop.

#$#%&^%%$%#!!!!!

The nasty monster inside my local finds the iPod images and descriptions anyway - No IDEA where.

And the top menu is still that ugly grey block.

I unhook all the modules and rehook them. Hopefully it will fetch the new ones..

25 min later (I'm quite slow)....Nope.

Breathing deeply to keep it cool, I go back on the Prestashopic website looking for help.

And...I find out that in the same template they show you a demo 1.3 (the one pictured in the preview, btw - and 1.3 stable version compatible ??? no idea what that means) and a 1.4.

Ok. I like the 1.3 and NOT the 1.4.

I turn it into a good thing. Who cares about installing the 1.4 version anymore! :)

Maybe if I disinstall everything again and reinstall Prestashop 1.3.6 (it should be ok, right?)...it will show up???yes??? :)

The instructions from Prestashopic are just for Prestashop 1.4, but I overcome this with hours of forum consultation and videos.

I do everything carefully, taking notes of all the steps. I finally type the local address. I press enter.

NOPE.

My left eye is starting to twitch. :blink:

Please help.

Jules

Hi Stickees,

my url - www.mammam.it

prestashopic theme: http://www.prestashopic.com/premium-prestashop-theme-prestashopic-clothing

(1 colums layout)

What do u mean - delete from my catalogue?

Anyway, the team of Prestashopic offered to install it for me a couple of days ago.

I gave them my ftp access and Prestashop login.

I reinstalled prestashop and the template for them on the FTP because I wanted them to found everything untouched by my messy hands.

They just got back to me asking if I changed anything anywhere because everything looks ok but it's still not working :(

G.

Hi Stickees,

my url - www.mammam.it

prestashopic theme: http://www.prestasho...shopic-clothing

(1 colums layout)

What do u mean - delete from my catalogue?

Anyway, the team of Prestashopic offered to install it for me a couple of days ago.

I gave them my ftp access and Prestashop login.

I reinstalled prestashop and the template for them on the FTP because I wanted them to found everything untouched by my messy hands.

They just got back to me asking if I changed anything anywhere because everything looks ok but it's still not working :(

G.

have you turn on the display errors ? if not, please turn it on by going to /config/config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off'); to @ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

The guys at prestashopic could the handle problems, They are friendly and nice peoples.

Hi,

After fresh installation of Prestashop script to your server, we installed our theme without any problem. But at the moment, we faced problem which source is your server's memory limit. After fixing that problem, we will finish our job.

We will wait your email.

We are always ready to help our customers.