Color picker for product list

AllyM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the color picker in product list module that I purchased from prestashop. Basically I have installed it step by step, although I am not a programmer so who knows.

My issue is that I can't get the product to change colour when I pick a different colour in the front end. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've added new colour attributes to products and when I pick the new colour the product doesn't change colour. Am I missing something simple? If there is anyone out there who could offer me any advice of things to try I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Ally

Hi Ally,

I was under the impression that this module did not update colors, just led you to the product page. There's a debate on the effectiveness of this: it's either good because it takes the customer directly to the product page, or bad, because it does not change the image on the product list page as one might like.

If you change the images on the product list page as you describe, then when I change a red t-shirt to blue, and then click through to the product page, the default image of red will show -----really confusing to a customer.

I wrote my own module that puts those color picker thumbnails everywhere, but they link directly to the product instead of changing colors of the product. That method seems to work better for myself and my clients although changing the colors is cooler. :)

Does that make sense?

Thanks Jayzee for your reply,

So even though the module description states that it can change the product colour simply by clicking the colour button, in fact it doesn't do this? I had the free colour picker module installed but I wanted to be able to change the colour of my product on click so that's why I purchased this one for £31. Feel like i've been swizzed if I can't change the colour.

Hi Ally,

(Please note that I changed our username to reflect what we do! :))

I went and looked at that module, and yes, it does say it will change the product image. Would you like to send me a link to your site to see if I can diagnose the issue for you? You can PM if you like.