[Combination Tab] More than 8000 combinations for my product

Szed

Hi !

First, sorry for my bad english, i am a young french developper.

And i still not receive an answer for my question in the french forum, so i came try here !

If you speak french : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/155037-declinaison-onglet-vide-en-bo-mais-aucun-souci-en-fo/

Else :

i have a product which have a lot of combination. Actually, more than 8000.

In the front - office, no problem, my combination are present.

But in the back office, when i click on the tab "Combination" in my product's page, the tab is empty !

In fact, i have this :

post-247982-0-83950600-1329299085_thumb.png

Prestashop support want me to buy a ticket for 150€ to resolve the problem...

I can't believe that Prestashop back office can not display 8000 combinaison.

The real problem is that i can not specify which combination is the defaut combination.

Thank you !

Sebastien.

Hi, thank for the answer.

Here are some capture from Firebug and the Web Console.

post-247982-0-17901100-1329303186_thumb.png

post-247982-0-36310500-1329303193_thumb.png

And the Web Console :

post-247982-0-96490800-1329303200_thumb.png

For this example, first i click on Price Tab, next on Combinaison Tab, and next on Carac. Tab.

Indeed, it seems i have a 500 Error. So the Ajax return nothing.

How can i fix it ?

Thank !

Hello!

The error messages mean, that your script is trying to use deprecated jQuery functions. More on this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8295610/firefox-warning-message

To see what exactly is happening, try to access the following link:

[YOUR_SITE_URL]/[ADMIN_PATH]/ajax.php?ajaxProductTab=4&id_product=[PRODUCT_ID_WHICH_HAS_8000_COMBINATIONS]&token=a04fe2e71998cbd25d422820aa3e3717&id_category=0

It should return this form:

imagejpgb.jpg

When i try to access to your link, i got :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

or a white page.

:(

Just :

[Wed Feb 15 14:06:01 2012] [error] [client 82.127.64.35] [host www.heartjacking.fr] Premature end of script headers: ajax.php

[Wed Feb 15 14:06:18 2012] [error] [client 82.127.64.35] [host www.heartjacking.fr] Premature end of script headers: ajax.php

And a lot of :

[Wed Feb 15 13:27:32 2012] [error] [client 82.127.64.35] [host www.heartjacking.fr] <b>Deprecated</b>: Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />, referer: [link]

Is it helping ? :/

This is a very vague error.

Is your error reporting turned on?

I set in my config.ini : @ini_set('display_errors', 'on'); if it was the question x)

Have you tried accessing the link we sent earlier, with a product that has less combinations then 8000 ?

Yes, and it works perfectly for a product with less than 1000 combinations.

Perhaps can i find the maximum number of combinations, before it doesn't work.

But it will not resolve the problem fort the 8000 :/

I have a lot of experience with large numbers of combinations. For a recently developed web shop, we had custom products. Each product had at minimum 5000 combinations, and we encountered 500 server-side errors like you have. It was cumbersome to load the pages and administer.

So, we ended up reducing the number of combinations per product, and having more products instead. So for instance, we had one shirt available in red, white, blue and in 8 sizes and with 20 logos available. We moved so that we had three shirts - one in red, one in white, one in blue - with the same options and that helped with performance and errors.

If you are importing, go get the import fast module (just search the forum for it). Kjeld (the developer) made a great module for importing huge amounts of data - it was very nice, and let you set the default combination as well. He's fabulous.

With error_display turned on, do you still have 'Internal Server Error' showing up?

Are you on shared hosting?

If yes it could be the server shutting down the script.

Even with error_display turned on, i have a white apge or Internal Servor Error.

Yes, i am on shared hosting (OVH perso). I also think that the servor is the problem :/

So, we ended up reducing the number of combinations per product, and having more products instead. So for instance, we had one shirt available in red, white, blue and in 8 sizes and with 20 logos available. We moved so that we had three shirts - one in red, one in white, one in blue - with the same options and that helped with performance and errors.

It could be a solution if my problem isn't resolved.

We wasted a lot of time trying to resolve before we went the route as I described. It's just the nature of the beast. For instance, a module that I won't name but is for zooming in on product images ----it downloads ALL combination thickbox images on page load, so that when the user zooms in, the image will be pre-loaded and the module looks like a hero. HOWEVER, with that many combinations and associated images, the page loads were insanely large. Just one example of how that architecture hurt us initially.....I wish you luck, and would love to hear how things go for you either way! :)