Cookie problem with safari browser

Hi,

I have successfully set up my site and am testing it in all browsers.

All browsers except safari works properly and as expected.

The problem with safari browser is that, the shopping cart block, when adding a product by clicking the "Add to cart" button, the product animates and moves to the shopping cart, but the values in the cart are not updated. It remains as "No product in cart".

Also, when signing in as a user or as the administrator from the backoffice, I am not able to login. It redirects me back to the login page, without any error message. I believe it is a problem with cookies.

The safari I have is on windows, and in the preferences I have checked it and made sure for it to accept cookies, javascript and everything else. I have also removed all cache and browsing history. Still, no luck.

One point to note is that, when I was testing the site on localhost, it was working properly on safari as well, but as soon as I transfer it to my working domain, it stops functioning.

Been trying to find solutions for the last 3 days, but all in vain.. So I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what is wrong with it.

Thanks

When I install prestashop on another domain, everything works in safari. But, for the particular domain, its not working.

I tried deleting and reinstalling prestashop, but to no avail.

Is there any link between, cookies, domain & prestashop/safari?

Ok, today found out something unusual again.

When I set my shop domain with the www, it works in safari. Then, I change it back to www, and it still works. After a while, it stops working again.

Anyone???? Admins? prestashop developers??

• 10 months later...