Customizing the Product Page

Greetings,

I have what I think will be a very stupid question, but I am still stumped.

Question: How do I go about even beginning to customize the "Product Page"? I want to add modules (similar items, shopping cart, categories, sizes, etc) in both the center and side columns (of which the side columns do not even seem to exist).

Little bit of background: I was able to easily customize my homepage via use of modules in the backend (adjusting "Homepage Content"), tweeking CSS, and doing some minor changes on module TPL files. But now I want to give a makeover to the "Product Page" but do not even see how to begin doing this (I see nothing in the backend under Module Positions that refers to a product page). I do not see how to add extra columns to the product page either.

Using Prestashop 1.4.6.2, with custom theme here: http://demo.prestadesigner.com/?t=HealtyStore (but the right-hand column with the shopping cart does not show on my website itself even though I have Cart Block v1.2 enabled in the right hand column.).

Like I said, I think that I am just overlooking something. I just am totally missing how I even begin to customize this.

Thank you for your time!