Manual upgrade 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.6.2, redirect loop

I am trying to manually upgrade from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.6.2. (Auto upgrade fails for reasons I cannot fathom).

I have followed the manual upgrade instructions and uploaded the upgrade directory to the server. When I point my browser at the upgrade folder, it indicates there is a redirect loop. I have tried renaming the upgrade folder and editing config/settings.inc.php to point to the new directory. I get the same results.

The site is sadly hosted at godaddy (not my choice!)

Can anyone suggest why the redirect loop is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks, Mike Wilson

Not sure what the redirect loop problem is, but the following worked for my upgrading from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1 and then to 1.4.6.2.

Prestashop update steps using 'Autoupgrade' module:

1 Deactivate site: Back Office / Preferences (Enable Shop set to NO)

2 Add the update module (if not already installed): Autoupgrade module v0.1

3 Install module (if not already installed): Autoupgrade module v0.1

4 Add your IP to the Maintenance IP list: Back Office / Preferences

5 Set Options in: Back Office / Tools / Upgrade to: Y/Y/Y/N

6 Set the theme to default: Back Office / Modules / Themes

7 Turn off cache (smarty and caching): Back Office / Preferences / Performance

8 Add the items in Notes step C, if required, the max_execution_time is normmal required, at least on my system

9 Run upgrade check: Back Office / Tools / Upgrade

10 Resolve any errors reported and try again

11 Comment out added entries in the config/config.inc.php (File was replaced.)

12 Reactivate site and update the theme as desired, see steps 1 and 6 above

13 Generate new htaccess and robots files: Back Office / Tools / Generators

14 Test site, login and make a purchase to ensure everything is working

15 Thank Prestashop for the upgrade

Notes:

A. May need to refresh by pressing the 'Please click to refresh' button in the Update section

B. If Upgrade tab disappears, try removing and then reinstalling the module Autoupgrade a couple times, some kinda logic glitch.

C. In the file config/config.inc.php you may need to add the following to resolve memory size limit and timeouts:

ini_set('memory_limit','96M');// increase only if you are having a memory low issue, then change back when done

ini_set('max_execution_time','0');// If set to zero, no time limit is imposed, remove when done

ini_set('max_input_time','0');// If set to zero, no time limit is imposed, remove when done

potteryhouse, thanks for the detailed response.

I have no Autoupgrade module installed in the Modules tab, but I do have an Upgrade option on the Tools tab.

I downloaded the Autoupgrade ZIP file from elsewhere on this forum. That failed to install without any useful error message.

I tried Tools/Upgrade again and it got further than before. It still fails after the 'Backup files in progress' phase without any useful error message.

The Autoupgrade I downloaded from elsewhere on this forum is v0.2.2.

potteryhouse, thanks for the detailed response.

I have no Autoupgrade module installed in the Modules tab, but I do have an Upgrade option on the Tools tab.

I downloaded the Autoupgrade ZIP file from elsewhere on this forum. That failed to install without any useful error message.

I tried Tools/Upgrade again and it got further than before. It still fails after the 'Backup files in progress' phase without any useful error message.