[SOLVED] BUG? Block Customer Data Privacy "Tickbox does not work"

I have a problem with the Module: Block customer data privacy.

After Installing, Enabling, and Configuring 'block customer data privacy' we ran several customer account creation tests. In all tests this block is allowing customers to create an account with the tickbox unchecked, when actually it should really be returning this error message "Please agree with the customer data privacy by ticking the checkbox below" from blockcustomerprivacy.tpl.

We tried the following while testing:

• Enable Shop ON/OFF
  • Smarty Cache YES/NO
  • Use Smarty2 instead of 3 YES/NO
  • We tested it on two separate installations of prestashop v1.4.6.2
  • We reset the block customer data privacy (several times)
  • We uninstalled it and reinstalled it (several times)

•  

We searched forums and bugtracker for previous or sumilar issues and did not find anything.

This block should work like "Terms of Service".When a customer wants to make a purchase, Prestashop has an option to turn on/off a requirement for the customer to approve the "terms of service" (@Preferences>Terms_of_service 'yes/no'). We could not find any on/off option to require customer approval 'block customer data privacy' in prestashop.

If this is a bug it could create user data privacy issues for many prestashop sites. I ave reported this to the bug tracker, but if anyone thinks is not a bug please explain.

Thanks in advance.

So you do get an error message when the checkbox is unchecked?
Yes, red text shown in the image is what I get if the checkbox is not selected.

Any suggestions where I should be looking to solve the problem?
Hard to say. Maybe a javascript related error (that is how the module does most of its work). Post a link where the problem can be seen live. Are you using the default theme? if not try the default theme. Are there any modules hooking the registration process? If so, try disabling them.

Yes, red text shown in the image is what I get if the checkbox is not selected.

Hard to say. Maybe a javascript related error (that is how the module does most of its work). Post a link where the problem can be seen live. Are you using the default theme? if not try the default theme. Are there any modules hooking the registration process? If so, try disabling them.

I have 2 sites. Both sites behave the same way, they allow users to create an account with the customer_data_privacy block unchecked.

• Production site (not ready): I tried the default theme that comes with 1.4.6.2
  • Test Site: I tried the new 1.5 theme on the test site, then switched it back to the 1.4.6.2 (btw I created a mess on the default theme by doing that)

Here is the address
I am enabling the test site for a few days to give you a chance to try creating an account and to experience the problem.

Since I'm kind of a beginner I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability:

Your question -> Are there any modules hooking the registration process? If so, try disabling them.

Answer: I’m not sure what “hooking” to processes mean. But I can only think of a few changes I made to the default registration process:

1. TaxID: I added a requirement to get tax ID for registrants from Venezuela.
  2. Sponsor: I also activated the sponsor program

“Both of this show in FO near the module I’m having problems with. I disabled both, ran tests, and still not working properly.” (Also force compliled and cleared cache)

Apart from the standard Prestashop installation I have also installed these add-on modules that have something to do with the user, but I don’t think these are the problem, but again I’m no expert.

• Emailmaster (yours)
  • Suscriber manager (yours)
  • Payinstore (goldenfoxi.com)

Thank you for your time!

On a different note: Thank you for emailmaster, and suscribe manager!!!

Test Site: I tried the new 1.5 theme on the test site, then switched it back to the 1.4.6.2 (btw I created a mess on the default theme by doing that)

Hmm.. you did indeed :) It will be difficult to work with that. Lets leave it like that just now.

First try something quick. Working on the production site, go to modules and disable 'Quick Search block' try a registration again. Does it work now? If so stop and post back.

If not go to Back Office > Modules and filter them by Author, Installed&uninstalled, Enabled&disabled, All countries. Use any non Prestashop and Partner as author filtering value (e.g. phrasespot). Disable any that shows up after filtering. We are disabling any modules that is non-native.

I’m not sure what "hooking" to processes mean
That would a non-native module which modifies normal checkout process. Above op will take care of that.

Thank you for emailmaster, and suscribe manager!!!

You're welcome. In general, it would be better if you installed any 3rd party module after making sure the default, naked installation and its native modules work w/o problem. Something to keep in mind for future.

p.s.you don't need too much formatting in posts, makes quoting your posts a nightmare. Plain text is fine.

Hmm.. you did indeed :) It will be difficult to work with that. Lets leave it like that just now.

First try something quick. Working on the production site, go to modules and disable 'Quick Search block' try a registration again. Does it work now? If so stop and post back.

You are the Prestashop God! disabling the quick_search_module worked. Thanks, I stopped like you asked, now what do I do?

If not go to Back Office > Modules and filter them by Author, Installed&uninstalled, Enabled&disabled, All countries. Use any non Prestashop and Partner as author filtering value (e.g. phrasespot). Disable any that shows up after filtering. We are disabling any modules that is non-native.

That would a non-native module which modifies normal checkout process. Above op will take care of that.

You're welcome. In general, it would be better if you installed any 3rd party module after making sure the default, naked installation and its native modules work w/o problem. Something to keep in mind for future.

p.s.you don't need too much formatting in posts, makes quoting your posts a nightmare. Plain text is fine.

Sorry for all the formatting, the text was so long I was trying to make it easier to read ;-) no more formatting hehe.

disabling the quick_search_module worked.
Great.
now what do I do?

Since the problem referred to in the thread subject is resolved/non-existent mark this thread as solved and start a new thread with the actual problem and an appropriate subject. PM me the link to the post.

• 1 year later...

I solved this issue by adding the module to the hooks "displayCustomerAccountForm", "displayCustomerAccountForm" and "displayHeader".

However, part of the code in this module is obsolete.

It tries to register to a missing hook "createAccountForm", and tries to include a non-existent file "blockcustomerprivacy.js"

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I solved this issue by adding the module to the hooks "displayCustomerAccountForm", "displayCustomerAccountForm" and "displayHeader".

However, part of the code in this module is obsolete.

It tries to register to a missing hook "createAccountForm", and tries to include a non-existent file "blockcustomerprivacy.js"

To be specific, modify blockcustomerprivacy.php method install() to this form (hooks added) then uninstall module and install it again:

public function install()
	{	
		$return = (parent::install()
		&& $this->registerHook('createAccountForm')
		&& $this->registerHook('header')
		&& $this->registerHook('actionBeforeSubmitAccount')
		&& $this->registerHook('displayCustomerAccountForm')
		&& $this->registerHook('displayHeader')
		);
		Configuration::updateValue('CUSTPRIV_MESSAGE', array($this->context->language->id => 
			$this->l('The personal data you provide is used to answer queries, process orders or allow access to specific information.').' '.
			$this->l('You have the right to modify and delete all the personal information found in the "My Account" page. ')
		));
		return $return;
	}

Edited by iknowsomethingcom (see edit history)