Developer Help - quick project

handel

Hello -

I need help with two things. To an experienced developer I imagine they are pretty basic, but learning enough to figure it out is taking up too much of my time now. Prestashop 1.4.6.2, want to use OPC

1) Take live site and establish a local copy. I have tried to do this but "view my shop" redirects to the live site every time. It is not a settings.inc.php, a .sql dump or SEO &URLs (BO) issue as far as I can tell. The live site seems to work well right now and I'd like to have a test site before something goes wrong.

2) Augment an existing module that allows customer to pick date/time of delivery. Changes would be limited to adding functionality so that specific times/time windows for delivery could be defined and then selected by customer. Before the current live site I had built basically the same site locally (new business, limited products). I installed a similar module - adding checkout fields and encountered some problems unrelated to the module's function.(Customer /Addresses seemed to disappear, Error Thrown/Parser error on OPC New Account Save). I dumped that installation and brought over the live site mentioned above before trying this date/time pick module. I got similar errors. I want to give customer the ability to choose day/time of delivery so need to get this fixed.

Thank you for your consideration. Let me know if you need additional details. Please give some background/details about your development experience in PMs.