Dear Prestashop communicty,

a couple of months ago we set up our new Hermeswein webshop. We're now looking for a good module to push user feedbacks/ product ratings in our shop. From what I can see the standard Prestashop rating function does not offer the function we're looking for.

What I have in mind is a rating / review module that...

• reminds the buyer, say, three weeks after the purchase, via eMail and an direct link to the rating form to rate the purchased products.
  • When the buyer clicks that link he sees all products which he has bought and can directly rate the products in that list (similar to the eBay rating function)

Is there a module available that supports such a function?

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,

Stefan

@Hermeswein - that what you are looking for is integrated in trusted shops and ekomi. No other module is realizing this.

@swissmark - be carefull with egrove. I bought advanced review and rating. It does not work. Override functions are wrong. On DB nothing was installed to make reviews possible. Developer seems to be a third party in India and not US. After they trial to fix, fronted was broken and also BO on product site is broken. I recommend on purchase process to agree a back money guarantee. If they don't fix till End of next week so I will claim money back on presta add-ons where I bought it.

• Like 1

Dear all,

thanks a lot for your kind responses! :)

@cd2500: Really sad to hear that automatic reminder eMails to customers seem only possible via TrustedShops or ekomi (both > 50 €/month).

To be honest I don't really understand why no review module available on the market today offers this functionality. To me this looks like a pretty "straight forward" functionality which should be not too difficult to implement. Does anyone maybe know one of the module programmers? I (and I assume many other admins) would be happy to buy a review module if it would offer such a functionality...

@swissmark: Have you tested one of these modules in the meantime?

Best regards,

Hermeswein

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

I'll look eventually for a module or a hack who made exactly that : push an email to the customers for comments or review the products they bough.

Is there possible to use the feature that send email and voucher to customers for that ?

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I understand what everyone is looking for and would love the same. But if I just do it manually and email buyers a link to the product they bought, here is what I am looking for:

I want to be able to have my product page to come up with the comment tab and form already open. Currently this is opened by javascript and visible styles. Any variables I can push through the url to have these open automatically?

I use the generic "Product Comments v2.1 by PrestaShop" which works great for title, comment and star ratings.

rating.jpg

I highly recommend using facebook comments ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1416[spam-filter]module-facebook-comments-add-facebook-comments-to-each-product-page-with-easy-comment-tracking/ ), they serve two important purposes.

1) They let all the reviewer's facebook friends see the review, which can encourage them to but the product as well.

2) They give the comment a lot more credibility when other visitors to your site see them, as you cannot fake facebook reviews (at least not as easily as you can with regular reviews).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on the search... I too do not understand why prestashop has not such crucial sales add-on included in the core. All others shopsolution on the market has this already included and working without problems.

For egrove advanced reviews - I again tested the module on a fresh 1.4.6. installation with original theme. The same problem I was having in my livestore, I'm having in here. The module does not work out-of-the-box. No stars fronted in no one list, also not on product. (productsite a block like this installed = average rating: and nothing more. No stars, no ratings showing...). Sorry but if you need a special server configuration for a module on a standard installation, so it's not a personal problem, but a problem of the module...

If your company is ISO certified or not, this does not affect anything on that,that the module does not work out-of-the-box, also not on standard installation without any non-standards installed.

On my liveshop I have more than 50 extra modules installed and working without any problems...

FB comment - also this one I integrated. The connect to FB hurts the loading time of your products page. On big catalogs not really a highlight on speed... When FB-Server is off, so your product site will also not load, i.e. load very slow.

My resumée: At the moment no optimal solution for star-voting and comments available....

• Like 1

@ all: Thanks a lot for your responses. I must say that I really don't understand that such a simple function is not available by default.

@ tomerg3: The Facebook-Option has the disadvantage, that the reviewer has to be on facebook. I.e. in our case: We're running a wine-shop, and most customers are 40+, ..., not really the target-group of Facebook... ;)

• 1 month later...

Check our store.......we installed n it is working fine for us,

http://www.handcraft.co.in/warli-art/226-theme-warli-worship.html

In all way it has got features which we are looking for....

I'm still on the search... I too do not understand why prestashop has not such crucial sales add-on included in the core. All others shopsolution on the market has this already included and working without problems.

For egrove advanced reviews - I again tested the module on a fresh 1.4.6. installation with original theme. The same problem I was having in my livestore, I'm having in here. The module does not work out-of-the-box. No stars fronted in no one list, also not on product. (productsite a block like this installed = average rating: and nothing more. No stars, no ratings showing...). Sorry but if you need a special server configuration for a module on a standard installation, so it's not a personal problem, but a problem of the module...

If your company is ISO certified or not, this does not affect anything on that,that the module does not work out-of-the-box, also not on standard installation without any non-standards installed.

On my liveshop I have more than 50 extra modules installed and working without any problems...

FB comment - also this one I integrated. The connect to FB hurts the loading time of your products page. On big catalogs not really a highlight on speed... When FB-Server is off, so your product site will also not load, i.e. load very slow.

My resumée: At the moment no optimal solution for star-voting and comments available....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1 @cd2500

I have buy Product Review & Google Snippet SEO Boost by credit card.

1 day to valid the download

Many smarty error because I use smarty 2

No global star in product.

Override directly on class directory

Error in modul fonction when i delete a comment, error in module with customer account etc...

Many javascript errors ...

And to conclude :

In my invoice the amount 83.92 euros

On this page I read 83.92 euros : http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/prestashop-modules-addons/115-product-review-google-snippet-seo-boost.html

In my bank account I read 99.55 euros !!!

The support helped me to update the module to smarty 2, ok but all bugs are not in relation with the smarty version.

The start and comments are ok now, but i keep a bug in my admin.

Maybe the last.... Or not...

• 11 months later...

The module "rating reminder" might help:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/advertising-marketing-newsletter-modules/5533-rating-reminder-rate-us-now.html

It sends an email reminder after a certain amount of time to ask for a shop review. It could be extended to include a list of purchased products and a link to each product in the email. If you have a rating option on each specific product page this could help, right?

Let me know what you think about it. If it makes sense I would implement this feature and release a new version of the module.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello Hermeswein,

Dear Prestashop communicty, a couple of months ago we set up our new Hermeswein webshop. We're now looking for a good module to push user feedbacks/ product ratings in our shop. From what I can see the standard Prestashop rating function does not offer the function we're looking for. What I have in mind is a rating / review module that...

• reminds the buyer, say, three weeks after the purchase, via eMail and an direct link to the rating form to rate the purchased products.
  • When the buyer clicks that link he sees all products which he has bought and can directly rate the products in that list (similar to the eBay rating function)
Is there a module available that supports such a function? Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,Stefan

this seems to be quite a long time ago. Actually I am looking for a module that fits the same needs. Did you finally find something that followed the described demands?

• 2 months later...