customer image upload issues

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I have allowed customers to upload a photo (.jpg) for customer customisation of a product in Prestashop 1.4.6.2 but only some images will upload correctly.

I have determined that the issue relates to the image resolution and not the file size.

If a customer uploads an image (irrelevant of size) with a resolution of 2832x2128 or above then the image will not display, instead the user just gets a blank page with no error (e.g. the centre part where the product would be displayed is blank).

Resolutions of images uploaded e.g. 2032x1354, 2592x1944, 2948x1536, 1024x768, 2272x1704 and 1680x1050 all upload fine. Image resolutions of 3648x2432, 3264x2448 and 2832x2128 all fail to upload with the centre of the page being left blank as noted above. This is not an exhaustive list of resolutions but just ones I have tried for testing purposes, but it seems to point to an issue where presta cannot handle images above a ceratin resolution.

Can anyone comment on this or suggest a fix or is this a known issue?. If presta even returned an error like "sorry the image resolution is too high, please upload a lower resolution picture" this would help.

Thanks,

Look under preferences near the bottom of the page is an uplaod maximum file size try changing that.

Files of the size you stated 3648 and above can be quit large files in the 2048 size are 1.5 - 2mb depending on picture subject.

Also pictures for this purpose are fine at 1024x768 plenty of resolution and file sizes that want eat up your server space.

Have your customers reduce the picture size with just about any photo program.

Hope this Helps.

• Like 1