SMTP Error on Prestashop 1.4.6.2

30ml

hi, I am using SMTP Error on Prestashop 1.4.6.2 while i go to configure themes of prestashop I got an error

Error: please check your configuration

The SMTP connection failed to start [smtp.devilthemes.com:25]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not know.

my smtp config must right. Is this bug ? Or do you have any solution to use by SMTP.

Regards

Hira

I got an error.

Error: please check your configuration

The SMTP connection failed to start [smtp.devilthemes.com:25]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not know.

There is no subdomain smtp.devilthemes.com. Your DNS records show devilthemes.com as your MX server. Set your SMPT server to be that domain and try again

• 1 year later...

Presta 1.5.4.1, changed emails from PHP to SMTP (cause after placing an order customer recieved confirmation email, shop owner didn't - Mail Alerts 2.4).

Now I'm getting an error:

The SMTP connection failed to start

my_server_name_for_email_provided_by_hosting:465]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known'

465 is port used for smtp/ssl

No idea how to make Mail Alerts work... :(

Wrong address spelling.. No error now when sending test msg

Test message is received by contact-person, but (now with SMPT) neither customer nor shopowner receives order-confirmation ?!?

ok, reseting the module & switching back to PHP method helped. seems to be working.

Edited by dkjo (see edit history)