Editing customer registration form

Hi , i have a problem in 1.4.5.1. I can't find a way to edit my customer registration form.

I want to do 2 things:

1. delete some fields

2. deselect some required fields

I tried to edit them from authentication.php / .tpl but i had no luck.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Hello alvin_mvy,

The option to the required fields is in clients>address.

You then have to click on the green +. See below image.

post-268579-0-39483300-1323163556_thumb.png

Thank you for your help. I found the link from the photo but is still asking for the post code. I have the prestashop translated in romanian. if i click th post code to be requested than it's asking for 2 post codes," postcode" and "Zip Postal Code"

• 2 weeks later...

mathanganesh,

Can you say how file exactly I have to modify in Prestashop 1.4? I would like to remove all fields from registration form which are included in "Your address".

In this site I found the instructions to remove but it only work for PrestaShop 1.3. http://www.diginmotion.com/faq/126-prestashop-how-to-modify-registration-field.html

Anyone have an ideia? I think it would be a good idea write a tutorial that explains how remove some fields.

• Like 1

I've modified php forms before but not forms which use a database. Still, I plan to mod my registration form to make it more for my B2B customers, just haven't done it yet. To get rid of fields, I would save the original authentication.tpl to a different file name and then start modding my new authentication.tpl and try uploading it one step at a time. You could try removing fields first and fill out a form and see if it still works. If one works, go to it.

In my case I want to add some new fields. In a normal php form, you can add fields in the section that will show in html. Then there is another area where you define new fields. That may well be in the authentication.tpl at the top; I haven't looked. On the other hand, it could mean modding the database.

Send your mail id .. i'll send the modified file to remove the registration field

mathanganesh,

Thank you for your attention but I believe that more than one file should be modified. Why you don't put it on the forum? These files could be useful for others users.

Thanks,

• Like 1

My modified file themes/pretashop/authentication.tpl and this works for me v 1.4.4.1

comment the fieldset as follow s from line around 390 to 519

comment starts <!--<fieldset class="account_creation">

<h3>{l s='Your address'}</h3>

{foreach from=$dlv_all_fields item=field_name}

{if $field_name eq "company"}

<p class="text">

<label for="company">{l s='Company'}</label>

<sup>*</sup>

</p>

</fieldset>-->comment ends

{$HOOK_CREATE_ACCOUNT_FORM}

<p class="cart_navigation required submit">

<input type="hidden" name="email_create" value="1" />

<input type="hidden" name="is_new_customer" value="1" />

<input type="hidden" name="firstname" id="firstname" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="lastname" id="lastname" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="address1" id="address1" value="My address" />

<input type="hidden" name="phone" id="phone" value="9999999999" />

<input type="hidden" name="city" id="city" value="city" />

<input type="hidden" name="postcode" id="postcode" value="111111" />

<input type="hidden" name="state" id="state" value="253" />(get country code from database)

<input type="hidden" name="id_country" id="id_country" value="110" />(get statecode from database)

<input type="hidden" name="alias" id="alias" value="My address" />

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

In the back-end, section customers, you could choose the required fields. But to add some fields, you'll have to hack Prestashop in order to add field in the DB.

I don't really get it. Because there it doesn't give you many options. I would need to make one of the field set yp as requiered non requiered. How can I do this? I tried to amend the Authentification.tpl but it doesn't not work

• 4 months later...

Thank you for your help. I found the link from the photo but is still asking for the post code. I have the prestashop translated in romanian. if i click th post code to be requested than it's asking for 2 post codes," postcode" and "Zip Postal Code"

When I click on addresses, the phone number isn't a required field. How to I make it manditory that everyone has to put in their phone number? Thank You
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i edited and deleted the non wanted parts of the form (address), but now this is happening:

when i click Create an account with the page like above:

Email: ______________________

Password: ______________________

Forgot your password | Create an account

when i click Create an account it cames an error saying that i need to configure an email first to proceed. How can i delete this error, and continue the registration? I don't want to put an email in the first step of registration...

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...