Separate shippers on one order

agreco

I have a client with a PrestaShop store that is almost ready to go live. He wants to offer some items with free shipping via USPS Flat Rate boxes, some items shipping USPS Flat Rate that are not free, and some items shipping UPS Ground at standard shipping rates. He wants all these options available on the same online order, so if a customer chooses 3 products on one purchase, Product A it will appear in the cart as shipping USPS for free, Product B will appear shipping UPS Ground for $6.98 and Product C would appear as USPS Flat Rate at $5.20.

In order to get some items to ship for free, he assigned free shipping via USPS for anything over 1,000 lbs., then applying a fictional weight of 1,000 lbs to anything he'd want to ship for free. That works until the customer adds an item to the cart that ships UPS Ground at standard shipping cost. Then Prestashop combines the items into one free shipment with the option of either UPS or USPS. That is not going to work for him. Only certain items can ship for free or ship via USPS. Most would require UPS Ground.

So, does a module exist that might separate the shippers by item or by category, and maintain that separation in the cart at checkout? If not, and I assume not because we have searched pretty relentlessly on this, is there a programmer out there willing to take this on? I am sure others would benefit from such a feature.