How to add custom php page?

Axari

History -

In Prestashop 1.3x I had a custom page I wrote, that would take certain input from the user, and check that against the database and give the user Add to Cart buttons for the items that were available.

Currently -

I need to move this page over to Prestashop 1.4.5.1 and probably adjust the database call slightly. What I'm stuck on, is how do I get it to display with the template?

Can anyone explain, step by step, how to display the template in a custom page? Or perhaps there's a tutorial I can be pointed to? (I don't care about the whole MVC or whatever structure. I'd like to go to my page, and have it display properly in the shop is all. But I'm willing to do whatever I need to, for it to work of course)

(It was easy to find a few tutorials on creating new modules. But I don't need a module!)

Many thanks!

[Edited for clarity]

Thats something I didn't think about. I'll have a look at ProductController and see if I can figure something out!

I have a script that offers an input box that the user pastes their info into. They click submit, and it matches the items up to the database. If they're available, they get Add to Cart buttons. Really simple.... I just need it to display in the template, and have a way to add the products to the cart.