Upgrading to 1.4.5.1 from 1.4.2.5

I did a manual upgrade because the autoupgrade module gave errors. I followed the steps given at http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Updating+PrestaShop#UpdatingPrestaShop-Step5GoinglivewithyourUptoDateStore.

The last Step 5: I copied the /prestashop/ folder to the laptop and copied with overwrite to the root folder.

The website exists in the root folder, and /prestashop/ exists as a website in the root folder.

ERROR: When I click a link in the root folder (products, or footer info pages), the url is taking me to the /prestashop/ folder link eg. www.mywebsite.com/prestashop/content/7-faqs instead of www.mywebsite.com/content/7-faqs.

I seem to have created a kind of a loop between the root folder and /prestashop/ folder.

I have not yet deleted the /prestashop/ folder because the root folder website may go blank.

Am I supposed to run the update script on the root folder website and then delete the /prestashop/ folder?

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but did you combine 2 actions - upgrading and moving to a different folder (/prestashop/ to /)? If so, you should never, never do that. One step at a time.

You can change __PS_BASE_URI__ in table ps_configuration (in the database)...hopefully that will help

I followed the steps ditto as given in the upgrade guide on Prestashop website (see url above). The guide is incomplete after Step 5. My server space is occupied twice by the website and am getting a message 'disk usage close to quota'.

The new version was unzipped on the laptop in a folder /prestashop/ and merged with a few folders from the backup of previous version (img, modules etc).

The previous version website was hosted in the root folder (public_html). A new folder was created in the root folder /prestashop/ into which the contents of the laptop's /prestashop/ were transferred.

The upgrade script was run at www.mywebsite.com/prestashop/install. Now, my upgraded website is goodsonline247.com/prestashop/ with back office access goodsonline247.com/adminxyz.... The upgrade website works. The upgrade was carried out in the /prestashop/ folder on the server. The root website also works with admin login goodsonline247.com/adminxyz...

Step 5: The contents of /prestashop/ on the server were copied to the laptop, and again copied with overwrite to the root folder website at public_html. The PS_BASE_URI in config/settings.inc.php in public_html is '/' and in /prestashop/ is '/prestashop/'.

However, on goodsonline247.com, when I click a product or footer info pages (FAQ), the url goes to goodsonline247.com/prestashop/.....

Am I supposed to run the update script via install on the root folder public_html? Then, can I delete the /prestashop/ folder?

Error correction above:

Upgraded website: www.goodsonline247.com/prestashop with back office access www.goodsonline247.com/prestashop/adminxyz...

Root folder website: www.goodsonline247.com/ with back office access www.goodsonline247.com/adminxyz...

I can modify each with separate back office access.