Transfering prestashop to prestashop

Hi there,

I am upgrading my prestashop from 1.3 to 1.4.5.

The autoupgrade script didn't seemed to work for me.

The upgrade itself (on manual methode) didn't worked either since it gave me an error and borked up my db.

I decided to have a clean install of prestashop 1.4.5 but now i should get my data in the new database structure.

Is there a way or script to get this done?

Thank you in advance for helping me out or giving your suggestions.

...is there a way or script to get this done?

The upgrade script is the only way to do that since it changes the database structure as needed based on the various versions along the way to the version you are upgrading to.

Hopefully you have a backup of your database and 1.3 directory before the install. The best way is to restore both and make sure it works, then copy the new files from 1.4.5.1 into the restored directory structure. Make sure that the settings.inc.php file in the config directory has a line that shows the existing version of your prestashop before the upgrade. This is what determines the various scripts that will run to upgrade your database during the upgrade process.

did not really understand

sorry for writing here and not helping you

got the same problem

had 1.4.4.0

now installed 1.4.3 to make a template run

but how can i get old database to new shop without destroying template

thanks a lot

would be great if anybody could help me with that

Dear Rhapsody.

Thank you for your answer.

I have indeed a backup of all things and was able to bring my store back up and running.

Though.. it might be an idea for a module since many people are prolly having a simular issue. Or like ccckkk19 mentioned.

One keeps their store live, one puts one beside it to start working on a new layout and then when all runs, the data should be transfered.