Upgrading from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1 DB error!

Interesting problem I am having with the back office upgrade function. Here are the details:-

I am still setting everything up so am working with a test server at the moment. I have been playing with the settings for some time and begun to like the product so it looks like it will be the one for my live shop.

I have not installed any templates, or modified any files in any way, however I have revised the countries, zones, states, country_lang records in the DB with a more full set of entries. In addition I have dropped to one default language and revised a few address formats (from the back office). Everything was working fine and I was about to enter all my products for the live shop until today when I saw the notice for 1.4.5.1. I only have 3 test products at the moment.

I backed everything up manually and then ran the update. Everything seemed to be going OK until near the end when the routine wanted to update something in the database. I get the error message "Error while inserting content into the database Do you want to rollback ?" I say yes to the rollback but no success. I can recover everything so nothing is lost.

I installed a default version of the shop on my server and run the update and everything upgrades fine, so I am wondering what I have upset in the DB to cause this error to manifest. I spent some time on the states record in the DB which has close on 4000 records, so I hope it can be resolved by someone with a little more in-depth knowledge than me :)

Thanks in advance.

post-283192-0-44193400-1319190720_thumb.jpg

I have been playing today with backups and slowly altering the database tables one by one. While I have started to isolate the problem I can't see a pattern that points me to a corrective action!

I have been working with a copy of the demo database with it's sample files. Nothing is altered, it's as installed. What I did was to update the database one table at a time and then run the 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1.

My new country, country_lang, address_format, state, lang, module_country, and zone tables were individually replaced with the ones attached. That is to say I replaced one table at a time and ran the update. For every update it worked fine except when the "zone" table was replaced. I then revised all tables with the attached except the zone table and that also fine. Running it again with the zone table included the error reliably returned.

The main tables changed are in country, country_lang and the state tables so please don't play with these files on your shop as the record ID for table entries has changed for countries and states to that in the demo database.

I have applied all of the changes manually to zones from the back end, but once again the error happens so I really confused what I am doing wrong.

I am not an SQL [spam-filter] but would like to have these revisions working as they help me manage my product portfolio and the shipping methods I need to use.

If anyone can explain why this update is falling over as it I I would be very grateful.

Thanks again in advance!

Revided Tables.zip