Have a look on our site...

Vilas

Well, I can let you know that you need a new website(or at least a new design).

Maybe I can spend 30 minutes explaining why, but will say only few of the most important things.

Header image has very low quality.

The color scheme is messed up, very unpleasant to look at.

Actually the whole design is somehow 90'

REMOVE THE BANNERS ! youre selling products, not making money from advertising. What is the point investing money, time and effort to bring clients to your site, only to give them opportunity to leave.

Product descriptions(http://www.letsbuypr...era-mobile.html) are just silly. Yes, you're selling toys, but not to 8 years old children. No need to be so colorful.

Here is what you need to do when you realize that this shop wont sell as much as better designed shop.

Backup your store, upgrade to latest version and install the new 1.5 theme and just add your modules to it, don't change anything else.

P.S

you need to regenerate you .httaccess file or something, because you have problems with the friendly url. First when I enter in the site, there is no friendly url, then after entering in a product page from the dual sim mobile phones category(for example), suddenly there is friendly url. After that, everything goes wrong and whenever I click in the menu it returns We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available

I'll be happy to help you if you want(for free). Just post a topic in the forum or pm me :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Snade,

Sorry for late response. Yes help me while increasing speed of my site. Also I agree your points. But I am not that much expert that is the reason not making many changes in site.

It will be great if you help me.'

thanks

Vilas

Dear Snade,

I am not upgrading version, because I have installed some modules that will not work with latest versions. Also I am little bit scarred about data loss while upgrading. Also is it possible to upgrade version without losing any current customer data?

Please guide me.

thanks

Vilas

yes there is! make a backup of all files on your server. and make a backup from you database.

now place the files in a subfolder or localhost create a new database load the backup you have in the new database.

open your site in the sub domain/folder and change the shop urls in the back office. the you can run a normal update and test your shop before you try it on your life site

Dear Nostradamus,

I didn't get you exactly how to do. Could you please tell me in detail?

thanks

Vilas

export database

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWUl6-nJBQ

create a new database

import database

download all files from your server with ftp

create a new subdomain

upload all files to the subdomain with ftp

now you site should run on the subdomain. now you can do a normal upgrade upload the latest prestashop version and follow the instructions.

run tests and find out if there are any error relating to your old modules. if there are errors check the forum for updated modules or replacement modules that do the same thing. run a full frontend test make orders, make payments to be sure nothing can go wrong for your customers.

if the site works like it should. backup the subdomain file en upload the to the old site. check your site one more time to make sure every thing works and your done.

send me a pm if you need more help

no it will not work cos the new ps version uses a different database structure. just import the backup you created. upload the old shop files first check if everything is working correct.

then upload the new shop files and run the installer. this way the old database get updated to the new database structure without loosing any data.