Displaying Order summary on payment page

On the payment page I have basically copied the code from the order summary page ( code from shopping-cart.tpl) and pasted it onto the payment page to display the subtotal, the order total, tax and shipping charges.

Now the only issue that I am having is that the payment page only displays the shipping charges if the quantitiy is updated or decreased. It will not display if you load the page without messing with the quantity.

Please let me know if there is something that needs to be deleted from that code to have it display on page load versus it displaying when the quanities are updated.

The version of the cart that I am using is v 1.4

As I am looking at the code further it seems that there is a definition of the code somewhere to how it displays. The part of the code that I think is giving the issue is :

<tr class="cart_total_delivery" {if $shippingCost <= 0} style="display:none;"{/if}>
  <td colspan="6">{l s='Shipping & Handling:'}</td>
  <td class="price" id="total_shipping">{displayPrice price=$shippingCostTaxExc}</td>
 </tr>

Whereas the other things that are displaying correctly have seperate functions for different situations such as :

<tr class="cart_total_price">
  <td colspan="6">{l s='Subtotal:'}</td>
  <td class="price" id="total_product">{displayPrice price=$total_products}</td>
 </tr>
{else}
  <td colspan="6">{l s='Total products (tax incl.):'}</td>
  <td class="price" id="total_product">{displayPrice price=$total_products_wt}</td>
 </tr>
{/if}
  {else}
 <td colspan="6">{l s='Total products:'}</td>
 <td class="price" id="total_product">{displayPrice price=$total_products}</td>
</tr>
  {/if}

Please let me know possibly where the $shippingCostTaxExc is located so i can compare it to the others since they are going to probably be in the same file.

Basically the issue is that it is there with the code from the cart summary page but it will not display until the cart quantity is updated on that page. So i would like it to display on the payment page to let them see all of the final charges.

I keep answering myself on this one ha. I figured out what i wanted however, i cannot get the add and subtract buttons to not display on the page. I tried the solution that rocky gave for v 1.4.3 but i am using the latest version and the fix that he mentioned does not work for me.

So now I just need to have the add and subtract buttons be removed.

• 1 year later...