Prestashop + JOOMLA CMS

I thought some folks might be interested in this simple integration of Prestashop into Joomla.

I simply present Prestashop within a "wrapper" link inside the JOOMLA (1.5.9) CMS.

At first I thought I would want a bridge integrating my nearly 6000 members into the Prestashop database. I then realized that pertinent information like shipping addresses and such are not held within the standard JOOMLA user profiles. Explaining to members that a new purchasers (Prestashop) registration is necessary for this reason has been met with no resistance.

The Prestashop install was out-of-the-box with minor adjustments to the images and global.css file to make a seemless fit into my existing JOOMLA site.

WorldWideRetro Store

5145_TMv4i9uexVWywdvQOsGE_t

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi SpringDay.com

Great idea. Love Joomla. Came here to have a look at Prestashop, mainly for interest. I'm a big Virtuemart fan, work with it a lot. But I also believe there is value in taking a look at what else is around. Have to say, I'm very impressed by the clarity of the Prestashop site. Looking forwards to taking this system for a test run.

Regarding Joomla, I think it is a good idea, even better idea, not to have the Joomla and Presta members linked. I would actually prefer Virtuemart not to have linked members, because it would make database movement easier, and I see no real benefit when customers would potentially have completely different reasons for registering with a site and with a shop.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

After several months of coding and testing the Prestashop component for Joomla is a reality.
The component allows you to install and run prestashop, with all it´s features, in Joomla 1.5x CMS. The installation process takes no more than 10 minutes and can be installed in any joomla installation as a component.

For those who are interested we will publish a link to the online demo and a free trial download for testing.

14135_9CAyRmKybM5vK0bT2u1L_t

Great idea.

But, if by 'free trial download' you mean this is going to be a paid / commercial component, I think that will be difficult. Nothing wrong with people making some money from their hard work, but as a commercial component I presume Prestashop updates won't be used directly? Does that mean it will run as a separate system? Also, in my opinion, it would be a hard sell to take the free Joomla system, integrate a component using the free Prestashop system, and charge for that.

Ignore all of that if I have misunderstood about a charge.

The idea was to integrate Prestashop in Joomla for the websites we build for our customers.
Prestashop is a good shopping cart and Joomla a good CMS. Getting the two working together would have been ideal.
We have invested time and money getting the two to work together and we will initially use it for our customers. Currently we have no plans for selling the component.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I see no reason why you should be confused.
We used the prestashop´s code as basis to integrate the prestashop into Joomla which is NOT a wrapper.
In a few words it´s a prestashop integration into joomla which will have a unique name.

e.g XXX-Cart component for Joomla...

I hope that the above helps.

You always had our attention.
The component is ready and there are no known issues. We will definitely publish the download link to receive feedback if anything needs to be addressed or improved.

The installation process is straight forward and our only concern is how the component will behave installed on different server environments and hosting providers. It was tested on plesk, confixx and cpanel and there were no issues at all.

The integration is currently build using the prestashop v1.2.4 and we fixed all the bugs reported at prestashop´s bug tracker. After we receive the users feedback we will go ahead and update the component to the prestashop´s latest version.

We are working on this integration, non-stop, for the last 8 months and it was not an easy task.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
An updated release of the prestashop component for joomla is now available for download.

Here is the download link (registration required) for those who are interested to evaluate the component.

http://www.php-shop-system.com/iq-cart-for-joomla-15.html

ceriusx

OK so I read through all of the post and just want to know. Are you selling this component. I'm willing to pay. Need it for a client.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...