Can You Adapt PrestaShop on Existing Site

kbrmin

I have an existing website and would like to incorporate a new cart without using the full "store feature" -- only add "buttons" for each product to existing customized pages.

I was able to use the "add to cart code" in my html page, however the cart links back to its own page for that product.

Is there any way to reroute the product links, once added to the cart, back to the main domain, not the /prestashop product page?

Thanks so much for any thoughts on adapting this to an existing site.

I have just made such a solution.

Products from the 'old' site are created on the fly in Prestashop and then added in the cart.

The fact is that our old system give access to the cart. I made a module to get old cart into Presta.

One of the major problem was that prestashop does not run with sessions but only with cookies (see tha monsta) and with id_guest evolving with authentification.

You can also make you old site a module into Prestashop, but it could be really complicated.

Also disconnecting old Customer and forcing them to use Prestashop as Customer center could be an other problem.

Good luck in your search. :)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate prestashop (only essential items: products and cart) into my existing website which is built in php/css. I'm fairly new to this (website coding) but I have managed to build our existing site.

I would really appreciate general tips on how to get the products content (center frame) and the cart part from the header integrated in my existing site. Which files do I need to modify and what code do I need to put in my existing site? Can I leave the shop under www.mydomain.com/shop or does it have to be in the root?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to get some of the products page onto my existing html pages, but it didn't seem to work, so what I ended up doing is getting the actual link that added the product to the cart, and used that link on my existing pages on a "add to cart" button. That way I basically only use the cart/checkout feature and have all the products on my site. It worked fine installing prestashop in a folder. Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...