SOLVED: Upgrade 1.3.1.1 til 1.4 went bad

Hi all

Here's my story from when I tried to upgrade my shop from 1.3 to 1.4.

I downloaded a fresh 1.4 install file, and followed the guide for upgrading.

Everything went well up until I tried to order a product after the install was completed. My OnePageCheckout module was not compatible with the 1.4 version and ordering products failed.

In "a blink of an eye" I went back to 1.3.1.1, but that was not as easy as it sounded. I do not recall all the bugs, but I ended up with a working store front after hours of error fixing - and a halting back end. My modules list was empty.

I have searched for some months now - and the solution for me was not to find. I tried to increase the memory limit in php.ini, with no luck. I tried to delete modules, but it did not work.

Finally I took the time to investigate properly. I deleted all modules, and uploaded one by one to the server. After only two modules, the module list in the back end was empty again. I deleted the module and uploaded number three, and number four, and so on and deleted the modules failing at once. A total of 37 modules made the module list go empty.

After some more investigation it turned out the modules that failed was from the 1.4 package. No wonder it failed in 1.3 :rolleyes:

This is a reminder to all you guys trying to upgrade - make a backup of all the modules in the old version before overwriting the modules folder.

I'm really happy I found the solution, and my shop is now working - with 1.3.1.1.

I have still not found an update for the onepagecheckuot module - so I will run the old PS version for the time beeing.

Here is a list of the 1.4 modules that were present in my 1.3 module folder after falling back to 1.3 after the 1.4 upgrade attempt:

authorizeaim

blockcms

blocklayered

blockstore

carriercompare

cashondelivery

cashticket

criteo

dateofdelivery

dejala

dibs

ekomi