Smarty

Hi guys

I've noticed that in the code of prestashop is prepared for Smarty, i know that smarty is helpful when you want to make changes in layout/design. My question is, how to set up smarty and how to use it so we can change the layout and be able to see the modifications right away. I've downloaded smarty and i tried to set it up but it resulted in failure.

Can anyone give me some help with this? Or there are any extension for Dreamweaver that could make my work be easier? Or another software?

cheers

You don't have to install smarty into your PC, PS comes with smarty required setting... You have to install smarty only if you want to start coding your own script using smarty modules...

Hi Ribamar23,

Yeah, you can download a Smarty extension for Dreamweaver.

It allows you to edit Smarty templates in Design View.
Now, that's a great advantage.

Download Smarty Dreamweaver Extension here

Happy Prestashopping..

Cheers..
Cronos

after installing that extension, how does it works? i open files from my PS and i choose design and nothing appears... blank pages... it wasn't suppose to show the template in design view when i open index.php?

There are some free editors around that should work fine with Smarty

PSPAD
Supports syntax highlighting and clip libraries for smarty, php, html and mysql as well as just about any other language you can think of. TopStyle integration for validation. Context sensitive user definable tools, compilers, and help on a per language basis.

and

both these are free and will work with Smarty
crimsonpapad

after installing that extension, how does it works? i open files from my PS and i choose design and nothing appears... blank pages... it wasn't suppose to show the template in design view when i open index.php?

Hi Ribamar23,

You need to open the .tpl files and check the design view.

I used to use this extension for other web applications before, but then I found PSPAD.

As viper put it, yeah, its almost the best for editing/creating tpl files.

Cheers..

Cronos

• 1 year later...