Import external stock / export sales data

Newbie to Prestashop, considering using for two new webshops:

Hi there. Will anyone help me answer these questions?

1) I'll use an external supplier of certain products. I need Prestashop to automatically poll a server at a set interval to get updated stock data. As this is not the total stock of products sold, PS must be able to only adjust availability of products specified in that list. The list maybe available as csv or could be directly from a MySQL database. The keyword is "automatically" i.e. PS has to do this at an interval, but shouldn't require human actions.

2.A) The (existing point of sales system) must be able to access the MySql database to retrieve sales data (product ID, sales price, customer info, quantity) so that websales can be accumulated into daily sales for both web- and physical shop.

2.B) Alternatively, PS should generate a csv daily with the mentioned information.

My questions are: Is this possible via available extensions (which?) or are there altenative routes I should consider? (Or alternatives to Prestashop, that are better suited?)

Thanks a lot in advance!

I've integrated with a commercial POS system for stock levels/new product listing via xml exports and it works well, although it had to be custom written.

It should also be fairly trivial to write order export queries and schedule them via cron. If your POS system is MySQL based, then all the easier.

Neither of your requirements is a barrier to using Prestashop.

Paul