h1 etc

Paul Crompton

Hello,

Using the home page editor and having problems. If it were a normal html editor together with style sheet/s I could cope but this drives me to distraction; trying to find the relevent page/es in which to alter things manually.

Is the 'home page logo' just another title for image?

I got the impression, using the editor, that 'main title' was just another (strange) way of putting the alt tag on the image and on that basis did the following: set my main title then created, what I thought, was going to be my h1 heading giving it a margin left minus value. A graphic was then imported (none safe type face) to take the place of the heading.

For some reason I checked view source and found I had two h1 tags, main title and my own title. Obviously not acceptable. I suppose the way the editor works it is semanticall correct and if I could find a way, in the editor, to apply ccss styles to main title, sub heading etc I would do that but I can't.

So would it be acceptable to ignore 'home page logo', 'main title' etc., insert my (insert/edit) image and create my own h1 h2 h3 etc. or would that stiil double up but with empty tags.

Sorry for the ramble from a none expert but the home page is important to me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

P.S. I have done a search but only found one result that touched on my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, only came across it by accident as I thought the forums should send out an email when there was a response. I decided that until I have a greater understanding of cms to leave things as they are in the home page editor. To that extent it should be correct; h1(x1) h2(x1) followed by h3's. However it does look a bit boring in the prestashop theme. Ideally I need to learn how to get into pages and alter things manually but I have spent to much time messing around.

Regards

Paul