(Solved) RapidSSL certificate

wendy@abc

Hi,

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area!

Today, I had an SSL certificate successfully installed on my site. I can access the back office, but can no longer view the site. I followed instructions to flush the DNS cache, but my site is still not viewable.

Any ideas what I need to do? I know it's probably something very simple, but I really have no idea. Fingers crossed somebody might be able to help!

Thank you.

Wendy smile.gif

Did you try to access your website both with http:// and https:// ?

Did you fill in 'Shop domain name for SSL' in BO->Preferences->SEO & URLs ? Here I have filled in the same name as 'Shop domain name' w/o SSL and this works for me. Also, did you enable SSL in BO->Preferences? You should be able to access your site without this part but you'll need it anyway for secure customer registration and payments.

One last thing I can think of is regenerating the .htaccess file in your BO.

Of course the problem may be server/SSL related and not really something to do with settings in Prestashop...

Hi there,

Thank you very much for replying. The only thing I could think of was regenerating the .htaaccess file, but really didn't want to do anything else until I got some advice.

In the meantime, my webhost got back to me and said there was no actual problem, I just had to be patient. Therefore it had something to do with the installation of the certificate that is apparently normal - they didn't explain further. I cleared my cache again and the shop reappeared!

Thanks again though for trying to help. I have only just come on line, so will mark the topic as solved. smile.gif

Wendy

Yikes! blink.gif

Don't think I would have the courage to do that!! Lol! My site is very basic - I only learned how to make a banner about a month ago! I am a complete computer/design numpty - Prestahop was so scary at the beginning!

My BiL introduced me to Filezilla and I've had a grand old time - hehe! He has the patience of a saint - I was merrily scouring the forums and downloading zip files like there was no tomorrow! I have learned a lot since July, but still have so much to learn, but I will never have the brain for coding and things like that. I have an extremely small amount of HTML knowledge which I gleaned from Google and that's about it - so I really wouldn't want to put my site up for critique - too embarrassing! tongue.gif Most of the sites in that section have such amazing designs and quite rightly the designers want everyone to have a look.....

However......if you click on my profile, my site can be found. I am awaiting help with a better logo, but it is finally live and I am (still) awaiting my first customer - lol!

Wendy smile.gif

Hi Wendy,

I had a quick look at your site and rest assured, there is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, it has a professional look and 'feel' and suits the products you're selling. I'm amazed that you have been able to pull this off in such a short time!

I can understand that you're looking for a nicer logo design. And I find your homepage a bit overwhelming, meaning there's a lot of info on that page, but that's my personal opinion. Finally, your company profile in the footer (bottom right of page) has a 'New Products' heading.

I still would recommend putting your site on the aforementioned forum section. It is always helpful to have seasoned website developers and other webshop owners provide valuable comments (on design, content and possible technical glitches). They won't bite, I think... :)

I will put my webshop up for comments once it's ready (hopefully within a couple of weeks). It's scary, I know, but also the best way to get really valuable comments and advice.

Hi there,

Aw, thank you so much for responding! I totally agree that the home page has far too much info, but I couldn't decide what to do away with! When I go to a website, I love to see lots of things to read and browse...but I know I'm looking at it from my point of view and not a customer's. It actually had more in the side columns, but I took some away - lol! I know I will have to rethink, as it is overwhelming - I am just so indecisive - but I will do it this weekend.

Bottom right of page is meant to be about new products! Maybe I will think of a more appropriate heading or content. I didn't want to have so much text, but the boxes were there - the footer was a paid add on - and I had to think of something to put in them! Will rethink that bit too! I was kinda in a hurry with it all, as I had limited myself time-wise to approx. 5/6 weeks to go live and then had planned to tweak after. I have had to learn so much in a short space of time, but it's been great fun - I've also had lots of sleepless nights, as I couldn't leave things until they were done - lol!

Am getting a new logo as we speak - I just couldn't manage that bit and it really has to look right. So fingers crossed it will look really stylish!

Really appreciate your comments - they have confirmed what I thought. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting your site finished - I check the forums most days for tips, so I'm sure I'll see it.

You'll see if I find the courage to put mine up - hehe!

All the best!

Wendy smile.gif