How to edit Presta_alt theme

I know there might have been previous posts about how to edit this theme but I am going to ask anyway. Basically there are certain things that I would like to move to certain areas and im using firebug to try to locate where they are, however, since im not familar with smarty im lost. Basically I can't figure out where links are and where to add or delete them.

Now if you go to www.sportzdirect.com/shop here is what I am looking to do :

On the top bar where the language and currency drop down box are I would like to delete those drop down boxes and the links that are on the top (contact | sitemap | bookmark) i would like to be able to remove or add links to that section.

Now the other thing that I am looking to do is delete My Concept Store Logo or Text and the advertisment and be able to center an image or align it to the left.

For the next thing i would like to be able to not have the categorys show up on that bar where the home logo is and have the home logo there, and be able to put Shopping Cart : 0 Items $0.00

Since the cart is going to be displayed in that bar on every page i would like to delete the cart on the left hand side and move the categories and information and i think that manufacturers are going to be on that side to. I also would like to know how to edit the size of that column.

Another thing that i would like to be able to know how to do is to maybe not have that search bar be so big, and lastly of course how to edit the footer links and thinks down there.

I know that I am asking alot but I know this will help alot of other users out that are having the same problem.

Step 1 - Login to admin

2. Click on the Modules tab

3. Click on the Positions sub menu

4. Scroll down and you will see different sections with the names of the modules installed in those sections. You can either delete the module from this screen, or, make a note of the name and disable it from the "Modules" screen.

e.g. The currency module is called "Currency Block", ditto the Language link is called "Language Block"

You don't have to edit the template/theme to remove these modules from your site.

Let's start with that, you've asked too many questions at once :rolleyes:

Step 1 - Login to admin

2. Click on the Modules tab

3. Click on the Positions sub menu

4. Scroll down and you will see different sections with the names of the modules installed in those sections. You can either delete the module from this screen, or, make a note of the name and disable it from the "Modules" screen.

e.g. The currency module is called "Currency Block", ditto the Language link is called "Language Block"

You don't have to edit the template/theme to remove these modules from your site.

Let's start with that, you've asked too many questions at once :rolleyes:

About prestashop_alt theme. I have a problem. This is a 2 column theme. How can i transform in 3 columns theme.

I have edit global.css but not working.

• 2 months later...

Hi

For the next thing i would like to be able to not have the categorys show up on that bar where the home logo is and have the home logo there, and be able to put Shopping Cart : 0 Items $0.00

I wanted to do the same thing...

I see on your website that you were successful in organizing everything in your header... and what you did is very similar in what I wanted to do...

Could you please tell me how you have proceeded to have your to have uour top of page organized in the way it is currently on your web site ? :

- suppress default advertisement logo/banner

- send verything to the right (checkout, login, search)

- add a "cart" line

Regards

Matt