UPgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.4

The best option is to first compare your custom theme with the default prestashop theme from 1.2.1 (using a file comparison tool) - this will determine which files were modified - these are the files that you'll need to upgrade.

The next step is to make a copy of the 1.4.4 default prestashop theme and then the last stage is to do a line-by-line comparison of the new default theme files and the modified ones you identified at the start and merge your changes - i.e. the tricky part ;)

Paul

• Like 1

The best option is to first compare your custom theme with the default prestashop theme from 1.2.1 (using a file comparison tool) - this will determine which files were modified - these are the files that you'll need to upgrade.

The next step is to make a copy of the 1.4.4 default prestashop theme and then the last stage is to do a line-by-line comparison of the new default theme files and the modified ones you identified at the start and merge your changes - i.e. the tricky part ;)

Paul

Ahh the line by line is no what I'm looking forward to LOL... been there done that!

Might be time to update my theme I think.

Can you suggest a file comparison app?

If I had know these were available when I was first doing up my store I woulld've used it, it would have made it much easier

ETA: I have text wrangler, but going through each and every file is time-consuming, I know because I have done it before. IF there is one that can compare within a folder structure that would be best.

I use WinMerge : http://winmerge.org/ you can either compare whole folders (including subfolders if you want) plus it supports exclusion rules - this means you can ignore version control files e.g. those created by version control systems. It's extremely handy when looking for important (relevant) bugfixes in the latest svn version :)

Using the above it should make life a lot easier ;)

Have fun,

Paul

• Like 1